Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: 120 & 130 Adelaide West Recladding | 136.85m | 35s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

They're nearing the top of 130 Adelaide. The newly clad portions, for better or (in my opinion) worse really blends in with the EY tower. Taken Wednesday:

Adel.jpg

Attachments

• Adel.jpg
    Adel.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 1,396
Maybe I’m alone on this but, I feel this is turning out great I love all glass buildings. They brighten up the areas and let the sun in. Adds a touch of beauty and shine. And will help make the core over all look cleaner and New. It’s not a horrible reclade. Look at pour old Simpson tower. What a frankenbeast in its current stage.

Not a fan of re-cladding generally, but in this case I liked the old building and I like the new one...

Reactions: DSC
The new cladding reduces the whole block to incoherent visual noise for me. Maybe it's just my aging eyes and poor depth perception, but I honestly can't make out the actual shape of the building when I'm standing at York & Adelaide; it's just reflections on reflections. I mean, maybe the architects are big fans of the end of Enter the Dragon, I dunno.

Honestly I’m 18 w perfect vision and I can’t tell a damn thing apart at this corner. Especially in pictures. Kinda unfortunate since they definitely could have gone w a color like black which would have made a world of difference.
The new cladding reduces the whole block to incoherent visual noise for me. Maybe it's just my aging eyes and poor depth perception, but I honestly can't make out the actual shape of the building when I'm standing at York & Adelaide; it's just reflections on reflections. I mean, maybe the architects are big fans of the end of Enter the Dragon, I dunno.

Back