Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | a—A

I admit to be one of those wanting buildings above 300m. Just a height lover.
Although a good design trumps height in my books.

I think/hope I will like this more when it’s actually built. Things I’m excited for are the lack of wrap around balconies and seeing what the almost certainly to be curtain wall glass looks like in person.

WTF is the difference between a 299.x and a 300 meter building?

What's the difference between being top 10 or top 11? Probably not much but the optics still mean something.

Supertalls are considered 300m+ so it will never make the list. It won't make a difference walking by or looking at it from afar but it will clearly make a difference in some circumstances.

I admit to be one of those wanting buildings above 300m. Just a height lover.
Although a good design trumps height in my books.

You can have both - you have to have the desire to that. This is just an exercise in extracting $ out of buyers pockets while making no contribution to the city.

What's the difference between being top 10 or top 11? Probably not much but the optics still mean something.

Supertalls are considered 300m+ so it will never make the list. It won't make a difference walking by or looking at it from afar but it will clearly make a difference in some circumstances.

Either way, once the all the SPA details are made public this will be over 300. My point is that cities are experienced in real-life, not lists on computers or arbitrary measures like "super tall"; but for those that obsess over that specific terminology there are other things coming they can add to their lists.

Either way, once the all the SPA details are made public this will be over 300. My point is that cities are experienced in real-life, not lists on computers or arbitrary measures like "super tall";

Agreed.

but for those that obsess over that specific terminology there are other things coming they can add to their lists.

You dropping hints? :)

Interesting things are happening which will come out soon enough if all goes well, but I'll leave it at that and go back to quietly lurking rather then making my rare posts.

We like your rare posts. Could you perhaps name the general area where "interesting things are happening"? I only wonder because I can't really think of anywhere else where 300m + would feel appropriate, other than the financial core or the south core area. Harbour Castle I could see possibly, or a tear down and rebuild of one of the two north corners at Bloor and Yonge potentially?

We like your rare posts. Could you perhaps name the general area where "interesting things are happening"? I only wonder because I can't really think of anywhere else where 300m + would feel appropriate, other than the financial core or the south core area. Harbour Castle I could see possibly, or a tear down and rebuild of one of the two north corners at Bloor and Yonge potentially?

I'm going to say Oxford Park on Front street which will probably be the next largest single development this city will see

Back