Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Confirmed - shoring machine now on site at the Concord Canada House property. Here is the picture:

IMG_20181003_165712.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_20181003_165712.jpeg
    IMG_20181003_165712.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 859
Not sure if that many people are exited with this project
Concord missed an opportunity to redeem themselves
Concord never aspires to build anything that's outstanding or even above-average, and they've continuously shown that they have some kind of fetish with their bland and cheap window-walled/spandrel laced projects. So no, I dont think they were looking to redeem themselves in the first place.

Concord never aspires to build anything that's outstanding or even above-average, and they've continuously shown that they have some kind of fetish with their bland and cheap window-walled/spandrel laced projects. So no, I dont think they were looking to redeem themselves in the first place.

What you don't like the golden maple leaves they are planning to put on the building covering some of the balconies?
;p

Are those maple leaves actually part of the design? I assumed it was just a gimmick in the renderings where the residents happen to light up their units in a maple leaf pattern. That's what it looks like since some of the renderings don't seem to have any maple leaves.

Are those maple leaves actually part of the design? I assumed it was just a gimmick in the renderings where the residents happen to light up their units in a maple leaf pattern. That's what it looks like since some of the renderings don't seem to have any maple leaves.

They might have changed it, but that was the plan to have the yellow/gold leaves on the building. (Used to work with people that were on that project).

They might have changed it, but that was the plan to have the yellow/gold leaves on the building. (Used to work with people that were on that project).

It's being advertised as "Illuminated maple leaf facade"

While true in Toronto ... but Concord Pacific in Vancouver actually produced some pretty fascinating buildings, including outstanding examples such as The Erickson, The Arc ... it is as if Concord Vancouver vs Concord Toronto is 2 completely different companies from the design and quality perspective

While true in Toronto ... but Concord Pacific in Vancouver actually produced some pretty fascinating buildings, including outstanding examples such as The Erickson, The Arc ... it is as if Concord Vancouver vs Concord Toronto is 2 completely different companies from the design and quality perspective
I'll have to firmly disagree here, Concord Pacific and Concord Adex are 2 peas in the same pot, producing and spewing the same lazy garbage everywhere. Of course they will have some exceptions (ie: for every 10 projects they complete, 1 will actually look half decent) but there are plenty of examples of uninspiring, soulless masses that they put up in Vancouver and the surrounding region.

While the shoring machine does not appear to have been active yet, Michael's Excavation is busy levelling the site to provide a flat, stable base for the shoring rig to begin work. No idea why the shoring rig was delivered so early - may have just come from a nearby site, and had nothing else booked, so it was just dropped off here to be available once the site preparations were sufficiently advanced for it to start work.

Back