Toronto The Selby | 165.5m | 50s | Tricon | bKL Architecture

Today. The cantilevered top looks especially striking from the Millwood Rd Bridge

P1070346.JPG

Attachments

• P1070346.JPG
    P1070346.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 702
Last edited:
walked by today, they're getting ready to plant some shrubbery and plants. Got a peak at the lobby, very different than I had expected. Looks pretty upscale inside. Looking like quite the project.

Last edited:
I wish James Cooper Mansion became a restaurant too. Sherbourne can use all the help it can get.

Yea, missed opportunity there. I've been in the mansion portion. The gym is on the top floor and is meh. Would have been much better served if it was a restaurant, cafe or store of some sort.

Personally, from a distance, I think this building has more class and presence that 1 Bloor E any day of the week. Especially driving South on the DVP, where the overhang appears bold and dramatic. Whereas 1 Bloor E looks like a bulky forgettable box.

My only criticism is the shared point from other UT members that they should have went with the bold red brick exterior from the initial renders. But overall, an excellent addition to the TO skyline.

I love this building. Its nice clean lines, symmetric grid, varying profiles, warm colour palette and good choice of materials contribute a subdued class. It has gravitas that few other new buildings are able to emulate.

Back