DSC08056.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 599
  • DSC08057.jpg
    DSC08057.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 577
  • DSC08058.jpg
    DSC08058.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 569
I really like this project and am looking forward to when we start to see the white curved cladding come into play.

They put up a single piece of the curved white cladding a couple weeks back. You can see it in some of the photos here to the left of the V colums around 9th floor. Can't wait to see more of that. I'm not sure why finishing up the balcony railing cladding is taking them this long. It seems to me they are struggling with it (at least that's the feeling I get when I look at the lack of progress)

They put up a single piece of the curved white cladding a couple weeks back. You can see it in some of the photos here to the left of the V colums around 9th floor. Can't wait to see more of that. I'm not sure why finishing up the balcony railing cladding is taking them this long. It seems to me they are struggling with it (at least that's the feeling I get when I look at the lack of progress)
It seems that buildings are constructed according to schedules set out by the builder, and not by us. Not sure why they don't call us to clear their plans, but they don't. Terribly frustrating…

It seems that buildings are constructed according to schedules set out by the builder, and not by us. Not sure why they don't call us to clear their plans, but they don't. Terribly frustrating…

I am not asking them to hurry up, merely making an observation. They started messing around with balcony railings last fall, if not the summer, when the window walls were put in for just a few lower storeys. Window wall installation has since kept up with the pace of pouring the new floor plates, but the balcony finish is lagging a lot by comparison. If this is all part of their plan, then koodos to them. It just seems odd to me. All the other buildings that I see being constructed finish their balconies at the same pace as putting up the window walls.

Last edited:
…and other atypical buildings tend to have their balcony cladding go on late too, like 5 St. Joseph, like One Bloor East (still with some holes to fill!), and mostly recently like Monde where the balcony guards were only installed in the last couple of months.

Point being, buildings are not constructed in an der o make sure that we are amused, but suppliers and trades and sites are able to accommodate… and sine we know that it will eventually get done, it has to, who cares when it gets done.

There is a piece of balcony cladding that has partially detached and fallen, on the eighth floor, if I count correctly, of the taller Sky Tower. You can see it in the photos in post 1081 above. It has been in that condition for quite some time, at least several months, I think. That suggests to me that the contractor responsible for the balconies has not been on site for at least that period of time or they would have fixed it. Presumably the project manager schedules that contractor for mutually convenient blocks of time. When the contractor does return, my guess is that there will be quick and obvious progress on the balcony cladding.

But I am certainly not an expert on such matters.

There is a piece of balcony cladding that has partially detached and fallen, on the eighth floor, if I count correctly, of the taller Sky Tower. You can see it in the photos in post 1081 above.

I don't think that's a fallen piece. I believe that is the curved white cladding we were just discussing. There is going to be a white swoosh going across both buildings wherever white meets 'brown' (for the lack of a better color name, certainly it's closer to brown than it is to orange). Just look up the renderings in the project site.

Back