Harbour Plaza Residences (Menkes) - Real Estate -

from what I am reading, the most annoying issue with this building is its incompetent and rude property management and occasional elevator failure?

also they do not let Canada Post deliver anything to them. All other courier packages must be within 1ft x 1ft and max kept for 2 days. Gym membership is also limited to 1 pass for 1 bed and 2 pass for 2 and 3 bedroom units

How painful is the move in process from getting into the loading dock to unloading furniture and moving them to the service/moving elevators?

Last edited:
from what I am reading, the most annoying issue with this building is its incompetent and rude property management and occasional elevator failure?

also they do not let Canada Post deliver anything to them. All other courier packages must be within 1ft x 1ft and max kept for 2 days. Gym membership is also limited to 1 pass for 1 bed and 2 pass for 2 and 3 bedroom units

How painful is the move in process from getting into the loading dock to unloading furniture and moving them to the service/moving elevators?

Property management isn't entirely incompetent. I'd go with slow for everything. The building, especially the public facing stuff, is fastidiously maintained.

Elevator failures happen in every building downtown these days. We have 3 for low rise and 3 for high rise so even when one is down we have two other per side and I've never really had too long of a wait or crush load.

Canada Post delivers mail and small packages sent as regular mail. Everything else you have to go to Shoppers at Queens Quay and Spadina because Canada Post just closed the postal office across from Waterpark place. That being said, Canada Post just sent us a letter telling us we now have a parcel locker (somewhere) so maybe we won't have to go to Spadina anymore; tbd.
All other packages, the size limit is roughly enforced. We used to have a parcel room on the mez level and a share on the One York loading docks but the hours sucked and everyone complained so they decided to get rid of that and just use a cupboard behind security. So basically if they can fit it in the cupboard, it stays. I use Penguin Pickup (UPS Store, Queens Quay) for all my bigger packages and just bring them back myself.

Gym membership limits, I don't know. But I'd say the benefit is we get an actual commercial gym with tonnes of equipment and nothing to replace.

To move in you must go into Condo Control Central (website or app) and book a move in time. Pay the damage deposit. Then show up at your scheduled time and sign a bunch of papers with security to confirm all the existing damage isn't yours. Then grab a move in cart, or drag it, or whatever you like to the freight elevator. Depending on the security and time, the freight elevator will either stop at the mez level or the lobby and then you move your stuff in the halls to the elevator bank for your tower and get to share an elevator up to your floor. Security will be with you the whole time to mark down any damage. Rinse repeat. Be out of the loading dock by the end of the booked move in time, especially if someone is booked right after you.

Property management isn't entirely incompetent. I'd go with slow for everything. The building, especially the public facing stuff, is fastidiously maintained.

Elevator failures happen in every building downtown these days. We have 3 for low rise and 3 for high rise so even when one is down we have two other per side and I've never really had too long of a wait or crush load.

Canada Post delivers mail and small packages sent as regular mail. Everything else you have to go to Shoppers at Queens Quay and Spadina because Canada Post just closed the postal office across from Waterpark place. That being said, Canada Post just sent us a letter telling us we now have a parcel locker (somewhere) so maybe we won't have to go to Spadina anymore; tbd.
All other packages, the size limit is roughly enforced. We used to have a parcel room on the mez level and a share on the One York loading docks but the hours sucked and everyone complained so they decided to get rid of that and just use a cupboard behind security. So basically if they can fit it in the cupboard, it stays. I use Penguin Pickup (UPS Store, Queens Quay) for all my bigger packages and just bring them back myself.

Gym membership limits, I don't know. But I'd say the benefit is we get an actual commercial gym with tonnes of equipment and nothing to replace.

To move in you must go into Condo Control Central (website or app) and book a move in time. Pay the damage deposit. Then show up at your scheduled time and sign a bunch of papers with security to confirm all the existing damage isn't yours. Then grab a move in cart, or drag it, or whatever you like to the freight elevator. Depending on the security and time, the freight elevator will either stop at the mez level or the lobby and then you move your stuff in the halls to the elevator bank for your tower and get to share an elevator up to your floor. Security will be with you the whole time to mark down any damage. Rinse repeat. Be out of the loading dock by the end of the booked move in time, especially if someone is booked right after you.
thanks your posts have been very insightful

I was a tenant and an owner in several condos, and management was always disappointing. There isn't a single one of those condos that holds a candle to the Manulife Centre for service, respect and lack of red tape. Last week, I ordered a queen-size mattress from Amazon and they kept it in storage until I could pick it up. This lack of service in a complex such as Harbour Plaza is unacceptable.

Does this building have any pet restrictions? My mom has pet allergies, is it realistic to live here based on how well the common areas are maintained and ventilated?

I was a tenant and an owner in several condos, and management was always disappointing. There isn't a single one of those condos that holds a candle to the Manulife Centre for service, respect and lack of red tape. Last week, I ordered a queen-size mattress from Amazon and they kept it in storage until I could pick it up. This lack of service in a complex such as Harbour Plaza is unacceptable.
What Manulife Centre has to do with harbour plaza, shameless plug?
Anyways those issues that you specified are not existent, I am the owner the unit there, and property management is very organized and proactive on any issues.
Also gym is best I ever had in any condo, commercial gym with tons of pro equipment.
Add to it path connection and and you have a winner .

Does this building have any pet restrictions? My mom has pet allergies, is it realistic to live here based on how well the common areas are maintained and ventilated?

No pet restrictions that I'm aware of. I've seen big dogs in the elevators a few times, little dogs all over the place, and, for example, my neighbour across the hall has a dog and two cats.

As for the common areas, the lobby is all double or triple height and wide open with constant cleaning. The 6th floor is just a standard floor, well maintained but open for anybody. I don't think I've ever seen a dog on 6th but I don't think they're banned. Most people just take their dogs outside when they need to, as their's no dedicated dog area in the building.

That is really suspicious. I just closed unit in 100 harbour str.
I remember during the closing, week ago my lawyer asked me to sign proxy paper. I told him I don't really want to proxy my vote to builder but he insisted that it is requirement from builder and I can revoke it later. I will definitely contact now builder and request to revoke my proxy, but I am afraid they still will have enough to just elect whoever they want.
Just to clarify it, I signed proxy to count toward the quorum and not voting proxy, at least it can't be used to vote in board election.

What Manulife Centre has to do with harbour plaza, shameless plug?
Anyways those issues that you specified are not existent, I am the owner the unit there, and property management is very organized and proactive on any issues.
Also gym is best I ever had in any condo, commercial gym with tons of pro equipment.
Add to it path connection and and you have a winner .

It has to do with making a comparison between a condo in which you invest hundreds of thousands of dollars and an older rental building, which should have inferior service but actually doesn't. I didn't mention those issues, I was reacting to someone who did. In any event, many owners are loathe to criticize their buildings for any reason.

Hello everyone, does anyone know if the indoor pool on 4th floor at 100 harbour is real or just a render?

Hello everyone, does anyone know if the indoor pool on 4th floor at 100 harbour is real or just a render?

Harbour Plaza Residences (this is the wrong thread if some Mod wishes to move these comments) has this thing on the 6th floor:

365a6_25.jpg

365a6_26.jpg

Pure Fitness Canada also has a pool on the 2nd floor:

Pool-Pure_Fitness_Canada-Harbour_Plaza_Condos-Elizabeth_Goulart-BROKER.jpg

Harbour Plaza Residences (this is the wrong thread if some Mod wishes to move these comments) has this thing on the 6th floor:

365a6_25.jpg

365a6_26.jpg

Pure Fitness Canada also has a pool on the 2nd floor:

Pool-Pure_Fitness_Canada-Harbour_Plaza_Condos-Elizabeth_Goulart-BROKER.jpg
Oh thanks for the quick reply, and yeah, I've seen that water feature and that pool in pics too. I guess this one was a project but it eventually got cancelled?
Harbour-Plaza-Pool-25-v9.jpg

Back