News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 571     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Walking past this building yesterday, it occurred to me that it's turning out so much better than expected. Though the fussy elements are making an appearance, it really treats Wellesley Street quite well, and I am frankly intrigued by what appears to be a commecial setback as shown in the second photo on the previous page. Rather than just a row of storefronts (which they have also provided), they seem to have offered some kind of commercial space a bit of a patio set away from the street (I'm assuming that's that that small area would be). I can't think of many other examples like this in recent buildings - though there is a corner area in Jazz that acts as a Starbucks Patio. It seems very well handled and if that is what it becomes, it would certainly be a boon to the neighbourhood.

I agree with Archivist. I'm surprised at how decent the building is starting to look considering how cheesy the renderings were. This may turn out to surprise us.

moved in?

Just found this site and am pleased to get so much info! Anyone moved in as of yet? We are having "issues" with the interior of our suite in regards to things that we wanted and did not want all being messed up. Also, were other folks told they could have something then denied it after costs were agreed upon? Was curious if this is common with other people in the building.

Cheers!

The condo's aesthetic's are definatley beginning to take shape...cant wait to move in! When has the tentative move-in date been post-poned to?

The condo's aesthetic's are definatley beginning to take shape...cant wait to move in! When has the tentative move-in date been post-poned to?
Dont know about that yet, Im supposed to move in March..but the lady in charge of taking notes of the upgrades was a real mess, she left a lot to be desired, I wouldn't be surprised if she screwed it up!

Insane day

Tuesday we did our walk thru. It wasn't complete but it was liveable. Anyone in the tribeca will find the much needed pantry missing. I don't know what the builder is going to do about this. You get 30 days to list any gripes and they will fix it. Make sure you note everything. We brought a video camera with us to make sure. I found out the gym might not be ready for up to a year, it's up to the homeowners to vote for leaders and decide what we actually want.

We met one of the workmen who was most helpful with information and ideas about the unit. The guy was great and the walk thru guy couldn't have been any nicer.

Now the insane part. We went to our lawyers at lunch to sign the handover documents for a move in tomorrow, we paid the first months rent with a cashiers check and provide 8 months of post dated checks. The interest rate will freak you out, they are charging 7.35% based on the unpaid balance of your unit while you rent it.

We get home, and a few hours later our lawyer calls to tell us they didn't get the certificate of occupancy due to flooding. So we had to cancel movers, furniture deliveries, appliances and Rogers we had scheduled for this weekend. The new tenative date is 2/19.

your post is very cryptic, did you actually get any upgrades, or any alterations? If you have paid for alterations and don't receive them, I am guessing thats breach of contract, so long as you do indeed have it in writing.

we did get upgrades and were to have specific alterations done but were later denied a few even after agreement. we went in and chatted with Sandy who is sooooo wonderful and one of the workmen. we ended up getting what we wanted from head office but not without a little threatening of bringing in legal representation.

on a side note .. i am shocked at the interest rate they are charging!!! how is that possible?? how did they come up with that number? you can get a line of credit with a lower rate than that now!!! :confused:

Thanks for the first hand account. I look forward to pix of your new view.

I immediately called the lawyer because the monthly payment is much more than our mortgage will be. We haven't paid our bulk payment yet, we just paid the minimum payments required when we signed up. We will be making a large deposit (as advised by our attorney) when we own and not rent the unit. You don't want to give all your equity until you are sure it's well built, my lawyer says we would never get the money back if it is not.

It's odd because it references the agreement of sale for the 7.35% but when you actually read it, that percentage is not there. It's perfectly legal and highway robbery.

I'll have to have my hubby download the pics so I can provide them, I still haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Here are some pics from the walk thru

Bugeyebrit you get my vote for President of the Condo Association.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 535
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 454
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 421
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 427
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 407
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 422
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 433
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 426
Thanks for the pictures, looks quite nice.

I'm supposed to move in on April 3rd (11th floor), but my strong suspicion is that I will get pushed back another 2 weeks.

Back