Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Looked at Google Maps and I have a few comments:

I'm not sure why but only one route is messed up, there are several options that only take about an hour and then one that takes 1 hour 30 so I am not sure how many are making the mistake.

Weirdly several of the routes don't detail a specific walking route instead they just show a light parabolic line roughly cutting across the parking lot like was suggested here, I imagine Google Maps is aware that this is a parking lot because they do some computer vision stuff for things like this.

Does Wonderland operate any of its own buses? Seems like buying two CNG Novas and running them every fifteen minutes would be something they themselves?

End of the day its important to find places where Google Maps makes mistakes like this and then report report report, its actually probably one of the most impactful ways you can positively improve transit usage.
Cedar Fair could have the following:

•Buses that run between Wonderland and VMC station via Vaughan Mills
•A ferry that runs between Leamington, ON and Cedar Point
•Buses that run between Cedar Point and Detroit
•Buses that run between Cedar Point and Cleveland

...and so on and so forth. Cedar Fair is one of the richest theme park companies in the world.

Does anyone know what's up with the progress of the proposed double-fare elimination for PRESTO users going to/from York U?

Does anyone know what's up with the progress of the proposed double-fare elimination for PRESTO users going to/from York U?
Nothings planned anymore as far as I know.

All the funding for such schemes were funded by programs that the new government have already cancelled.

So mid-2020s would be my guess.

Cedar Fair could have the following:

•Buses that run between Wonderland and VMC station via Vaughan Mills
•A ferry that runs between Leamington, ON and Cedar Point
•Buses that run between Cedar Point and Detroit
•Buses that run between Cedar Point and Cleveland

...and so on and so forth. Cedar Fair is one of the richest theme park companies in the world.

AFAIK Wonderland already pays for the GO bus service.

Looked at Google Maps and I have a few comments:
I'm not sure why but only one route is messed up, there are several options that only take about an hour and then one that takes 1 hour 30 so I am not sure how many are making the mistake.
The Barrie GO line is the fastest way to Wonderland. Maple is a mere 40 minute walk from Wonderland, and there is connecting bus service.

However, TYSSE is almost as fast. I made the trip in 1h10min including the bus connection!
But this never shows up on Google Transit because it falsely thinks it's the slowest trip.

The 1h30min (And slower) on Google Maps is slower than the two "Fast Options" above. Why take any other routes from Union?

Well I would say Barrie GO works best if you're downtown. Even if you're taking one of the other 2WAD lines and transferring at Union, it doesn't seem like a very viable option versus driving. For example, if you're using the Soutffville line, you're taking a massive detour. May as well spend your GO fare on a 407 trip. Lakeshore East to Barrie may work. Lakeshore West to Barrie might also work ... or not, given the infrequent YRT bus service from Maple GO to Wonderland plus the wait for the bus. With a location as suburban as Wonderland and the state of our public transit, it just won't be an option for most people - especially families with kids. Can someone run the numbers to see if there are any options where GO/YRT/TTC is faster (or at least competitive) with driving? I would also say TYSSE is better for accessing Wonderland than GO - the connecting bus service is much better, much higher frequency and more stations.

Can someone run the numbers to see if there are any options where GO/YRT/TTC is faster (or at least competitive) with driving? I would also say TYSSE is better for accessing Wonderland than GO - the connecting bus service is much better, much higher frequency and more stations.

When doing Google Transit tests from other departure points, subtract 25 minutes from any TYSSE trips that uses the Jane #20 bus route.

Due to the Google mistake.

Any Google Transit directions thst includes #20 Jane is totally screwed up Toronto-wide for Canadas Wonderland.

This causes this fast trip to disappear from some Google Transit directions!

The 25 minutes Google Transit mistake can turn the fastest trip int the 4th slowest, dropping it off from search visibility!

Other than these boards, has anyone actually proposed eliminating the "double fare" (man, I hate that term)?

it was a major selling point of the extension and presto that the york campus would no longer have to be a de facto bus terminal for regional buses. theoretically, york region users that would have taken a bus directly to york would take a bus to a station north of york u, use presto to get on the subway and tap back out at york u to have their "double fare" reimbursed.

Well I would say Barrie GO works best if you're downtown. Even if you're taking one of the other 2WAD lines and transferring at Union, it doesn't seem like a very viable option versus driving. For example, if you're using the Soutffville line, you're taking a massive detour. May as well spend your GO fare on a 407 trip. Lakeshore East to Barrie may work. Lakeshore West to Barrie might also work ... or not, given the infrequent YRT bus service from Maple GO to Wonderland plus the wait for the bus. With a location as suburban as Wonderland and the state of our public transit, it just won't be an option for most people - especially families with kids. Can someone run the numbers to see if there are any options where GO/YRT/TTC is faster (or at least competitive) with driving? I would also say TYSSE is better for accessing Wonderland than GO - the connecting bus service is much better, much higher frequency and more stations.

Using GO for leisure other than the Lakeshore Lines just isnt attractive for most yet.

For us transit nerds, sure, but for the casual transit user, they want to be able to show up and just take the next train.

The subway wins out huge in this manner.

Another problem with Google Maps and TYSSE is that Maps is refusing to use the 84 and TYSSE to get to YorkU from my area (this would be the optimal route). Instead, it insists on using the Finch and Steeles buses. No matter how I play around with the departure time and route preferences, it just won't show the 84+TYSSE option. What the hell is going on?

EDIT: I entered "York University Station" as opposed to YorkU and it worked. For f*cks sakes.

Another problem with Google Maps and TYSSE is that Maps is refusing to use the 84 and TYSSE to get to YorkU from my area (this would be the optimal route). Instead, it insists on using the Finch and Steeles buses. No matter how I play around with the departure time and route preferences, it just won't show the 84+TYSSE option. What the hell is going on?

EDIT: I entered "York University Station" as opposed to YorkU and it worked. For f*cks sakes.
Kind of related, this is what it show for Union Station to York University, it tells you to get off at Pioneer Village Station...
upload_2018-8-1_12-23-41.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-1_12-23-41.png
    upload_2018-8-1_12-23-41.png
    457.3 KB · Views: 381
it was a major selling point of the extension and presto that the york campus would no longer have to be a de facto bus terminal for regional buses. theoretically, york region users that would have taken a bus directly to york would take a bus to a station north of york u, use presto to get on the subway and tap back out at york u to have their "double fare" reimbursed.

Would the double fare elimination apply at all stations from York U to VMC? That would make sense for bus connections at the various stations (eg: a passenger boarding at VMC from YRT to transfer to GO at 407 or another YRT bus at PV). I assume there'd be a time limit for the deduction too.

it was a major selling point of the extension and presto that the york campus would no longer have to be a de facto bus terminal for regional buses.

That part I remember....i just don't remember reading anything outside of these boards about that potentially leading to a double fare.

theoretically, york region users that would have taken a bus directly to york would take a bus to a station north of york u, use presto to get on the subway and tap back out at york u to have their "double fare" reimbursed.

York Region bus riders are not the only people getting potentially hit with a double fare......there are a lot of Zum501 riders that were facing this and, I suspect, this was the reason that BT did not get to realize some cost and route efficiency savings by having their buses terminate at either/both VMC or 407.....because the backlash from the thousands of York Students they transport every day would have been huge.

Big week for the extension coming up....first Rogers Cup tennis tournament since it opened! Hopefully this will lead to some bi-directional off peak traffic for the line.

Back