News   Apr 25, 2024
 199     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 355     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 555     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

I've never understood party allegiance. Just because you vote Republican. that doesn't make you one. Though I suppose one could actually join the party.

Don't forget that voter registration doesn't work in the US the way enumeration does in Canada.

You actually register as a Republican or a Democrat or an Independent.

Aside from minding one's business, I believe the theory for this has to do w/accessing primary voting.

48% of registered voters in the US are Democrat, while 44% are Republican

I have a theory that the US really does lead when it comes to social, cultural, and political trends but by lead I mean not in a good or bad way. Their bifurcated Democrat versus Republican system is moronic but it could be fundamental. There could be a binary logic bias intrinsic to our brains just as there is a left-right symmetry to the structure of it and our body.

Speaking of us and them I would point out to put this whole discussion in context we are probably the most “American” people outside the US so from an outsider’s perspective it is probable as taxing listening to us as listen to a Norwegian bitch about the Swedes.

I have a theory that the US really does lead when it comes to social, cultural, and political trends but by lead I mean not in a good or bad way. Their bifurcated Democrat versus Republican system is moronic but it could be fundamental. There could be a binary logic bias intrinsic to our brains just as there is a left-right symmetry to the structure of it and our body.

Speaking of us and them I would point out to put this whole discussion in context we are probably the most “American” people outside the US so from an outsider’s perspective it is probable as taxing listening to us as listen to a Norwegian bitch about the Swedes.

That wouldn't account for abstract thought which is also intrinsic to our brains.

Also, I have one word: Australians.

Theresa May looks like she's at a funeral for a government.....even though she's on holiday from the funeral of a government.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-uk-visit-1.4744490

Check this out! The whole thing is hilarious!

Trump says May ruined Brexit, should have listened to him on how to negotiate it, has ruined any chance for a UK-US trade agreement with her current Brexit deal, and I stopped reading after I got to the bit where he says that Boris Johnson would make a great PM.

That was a fine word salad retraction of what Trump said in Helsinki.

He has never looked comfortable reading from prepared text. One observer likened this statement to a hostage reading - I half expected a wide shot would show a handler with a gun pointed at him. He clearly did not have his heart in what he was saying. He apparently gave an interview to Fox News shortly after the summit and he didn't correct or retract it then.

The fact that a head of state and government would not want to have any allegation of interference by a foreign state in the democratic process fully investigated continues to amaze me. In my view he simply can't get past anything that might put a shadow, no matter how small or oblique, on his election. US hyper-partisanism is tearing the place apart and the rest of the world along with it.

It's so amusing seeing America get indignant over activities it does to its allies, let alone enemies.

I bet Russians are laughing given the American plant, Yeltsin, almost destroyed their country. Payback's a bitch. :D

It's so amusing seeing America get indignant over activities it does to its allies, let alone enemies.

I bet Russians are laughing given the American plant, Yeltsin, almost destroyed their country. Payback's a bitch. :D

Yeltsin was nowhere near the only one who nearly ruined that country, though he was wikkid at ruining himself.

Donald Trump's Walk of Fame star destroyed in Hollywood

See link.

4507.jpg

According to the Los Angeles Times, the LAPD received a call from the man who allegedly took a pickaxe to the president’s spot on the strip in Los Angeles. Reports claim the suspect arrived with a guitar case before taking out the implement to destroy the star.

While he had fled the scene by the time officers arrived, he has since turned himself in and remains in police custody. A source claimed he would probably be charged with felony vandalism.

While there is private security in the area, they struggled to intervene as they do not possess the same powers as law enforcement officers.

It’s not the first time the star has been the target of an attack, with multiple incidents of vandalism. In 2016, James Lambert Otis, 53, was recorded using a jackhammer and a pickaxe to remove Trump’s name. He said he was motivated by the infamous Access Hollywood video in which the future president used lewd terminology to describe infidelity.

Darn, thought we had another suspect:

Back