Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

The TTC really needs to add metropass access from the south end of the building. I understand they are phasing out the metropass in favour of Presto, but the move to Presto won't be completed until the end of 2019. All you have to do is stand at those unmanned south gates, and within a few minutes I guarantee someone will arrive holding a metropass and will be completely lost as to how to get down to the Yonge line. Currently you have to walk to the other side of the building and enter through the Sheppard line entrance instead.

With all the condos dwellers who live in the area and use that south entrance... many were taking a shortcut behind Hullmark, which forced management to fence off the area to discourage pedestrians from passing through.
Seems like a costly investment to serve just a few people. It'd be simpler to just install a sign directing metropass holders to the correct entrance.

Seems like a costly investment to serve just a few people. It'd be simpler to just install a sign directing metropass holders to the correct entrance.

'Just a few people' is an understatement. The gates previously had metropass access. It was during the presto renovation completed in April that they removed it.

'Just a few people' is an understatement. The gates previously had metropass access. It was during the presto renovation completed in April that they removed it.

I would agree with you. at least one should have kept it. They built a new entrance at Woodbine station Presto only. I have not seen one person use it.

Suiseiseki is right,.... we’re not talking about “just a few people” being inconvenienced. This Poyntz/Anndale south entrance of Yonge-Sheppard subway station directly service not just HullmarkCentre south tower & EmeraldPark’s 2 towers,.... but also about 20 condo towers in the Avondale Condo Community. Oh, and then you add the townhouse folks! We’re talking close to 20,000 local population.

Some folks being inconvenienced will just hang around the entrance and jump the gate without paying when no-ones around.

I already complained to TTC & local councillor office about lack of metropass access here. While all the gates here only accept Presto, the real problem is the switch from Metropass to a monthly unlimited Presto (same monthly cost of Metropass with one time $6 charge for Presto card) was delayed until September. Basically, in September there will be an option to load a monthly metropass for unlimited TTC rides onto a Presto card,... so that should solve the issue for current metropass users at this entrance - they’ll have to switch over to new monthly Presto (more info should be coming soon for those on Metropass Discount Plans)
https://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/PRESTO/Monthly_Pass_FAQ.jsp

Now about my stack of TTC tokens,......

You can load a monthly TTC MDP Metropass onto a Presto card. I did it in early June.

TTC is waiving fees for current MDP Metropass holders to make the switch.

I guess the only issue is you can then no longer share the metropass with anyone else in your family. (This being a non-issue after 2018 ends.)

I guess the only issue is you can then no longer share the metropass with anyone else in your family. (This being a non-issue after 2018 ends.)

I share my Presto MDP metropass with my family all the time - even coworkers so they can run errands during the day.

Less worry if they lose it because it's registered.

http://getpres.to/en/share-your-presto-card/

"You can share your PRESTO card, but two people cannot use it at the same time on the TTC.

PRESTO cards are transferable with another person who qualifies for the same fareclass – for example, student to student."

I share my Presto MDP metropass with my family all the time - even coworkers so they can run errands during the day.

Less worry if they lose it because it's registered.

http://getpres.to/en/share-your-presto-card/

"You can share your PRESTO card, but two people cannot use it at the same time on the TTC.

PRESTO cards are transferable with another person who qualifies for the same fareclass – for example, student to student."

Ah true, I don't know why that didn't occur to me. That would leave my only concern being not mixing my wife's PRESTO with my own, which is a regular pay as you go PRESTO. You've sold me, makes much more sense now as well.

IMG_0104.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 939

Back