News   Mar 28, 2024
 465     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 313     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 329     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I don’t think the gauge is the issue, that’s addressed by axle length. Turning radius is the greater challenge, which could be addressed by route changes. Toronto is laid out in a grid pattern, so straight routes shouldn’t be the exception.
I thought he meant Philly’s system. Toronto being a grid doesn’t help them?

Got on an 504 today going Westbound at Broadview as a short turn to Dufferin Loop. There was a fare enforcer at each machine. Don't know why the need for short turn announcement early in the run, when the driver announce this car will be turning here where it turns and riders who want to go further will wait for the next car along the route.

By the looks of things, 4483 has fail testing either once, but more like twice as it has been out non stop testing with the odd trip to the Barns. it currently at the Barns and ready to go out for more testing.

4485 & 87 have yet to see any testing that I know of.

Dundas east-west traffic will be crossing Broadview come Monday as its complete.

There's one more Flexity that came into Toronto Saturday morning, likely 4489. That's it for deliveries until after the plant vacation and maintenance shutdown up north. Lots of time left to get Q3's cars all finished, however.

- Paul

4485 being tested on 509 at this time.

4483 ready to leave the yard for more testing

4489 should be off loaded Monday or Tuesday

As for Q3 deliveries, lets see what is said at TTC meeting on Tuesday. Assuming 4487-89 will count toward those numbers, considering 4487 that was off loaded June 28.

As for Q3 deliveries, lets see what is said at TTC meeting on Tuesday. Assuming 4487-89 will count toward those numbers, considering 4487 that was off loaded June 28.
If you look at the report leading into that meeting, the TTC target is vehicles in service. Not vehicles delivered.

Sorry, I thought I'd mentioned this earlier.

Don't know why the need for short turn announcement early in the run, when the driver announce this car will be turning here where it turns and riders who want to go further will wait for the next car along the route.
The new cars have the short turn announcement on anytime that it deviates from a normal route.

I was down at Harbourfront this weekend, and noticed that the LRT cars are running on pantographs. Is this a relatively new thing? I wasn't aware that any Flexities (Flexitys?) were using pantographs in service.

I was down at Harbourfront this weekend, and noticed that the LRT cars are running on pantographs. Is this a relatively new thing? I wasn't aware that any Flexities (Flexitys?) were using pantographs in service.
509 Pans been up since Sept 2017, with 510 starting in May 2018. 512 is the next line in Sept. 504 & 514 start in 2019

The new cars have the short turn announcement on anytime that it deviates from a normal route.
What's bizarre is, that the signage and announcement inside the car, says it's a short-turn, but doesn't say where.

After you notice, you have to go to the door, and hear what the outside announcement or signage say, to know where the short-turn is!

What's bizarre is, that the signage and announcement inside the car, says it's a short-turn, but doesn't say where.

After you notice, you have to go to the door, and hear what the outside announcement or signage say, to know where the short-turn is!
It’s built in to certain destination signs. 504 Distillery is an example.

It’s built in to certain destination signs. 504 Distillery is an example.
It doesn't say 504 Distillery in the car ... you have go outside (or at least listen outside) to find that out.

Similar with ANY other similar one I've seen, when the Short-Turn is flashing endlessly inside the Flexity. 501 Leslie. 502 Kingston and Queen (whatever that exposure is). 504 Broadview (which oddly turns off-route at Dundas not Broadview!). Etc.

It's all short-turn destination signs as far as I can tell. Not just certain short-turn destination signs!

Or 510 Spadina and King, basically anything that isn't a normal route or loop that a car would take in service on a particular route.
Oh gosh, do they have the "Short-Turn" announcement going the whole time southbound? Can't say I'd noticed (though I seldom go further than Harbord - perhaps I keep getting Union cars ...)

Back