News   Apr 18, 2024
 440     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 3.3K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.1K     4 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

For other parties and politicians, it's labelled 'corruption'. When Ford does the same it's called 'not being an elitist' and 'challenging the system'.

I hate Ford. But he already apologized and returned the money.

He's not re-signing over this. You shouldn't have got your hopes up.

All this mud they are trying to sling at him doesn't appear to be working.

Not mud being slung. He's doing it himself.

I agree it's not having an impact, at least not so far.

For other parties and politicians, it's labelled 'corruption'. When Ford does the same it's called 'not being an elitist' and 'challenging the system'.

Yes, and it's absolutely infuriating that nobody in a position of power ever calls him on this kind of crap in a way that resonates among ordinary people. Occasionally, someone will clutch their pearls and act like Margaret Dumont in a Marx Brothers film reacting to how undignified it all is, but nobody ever really smacks Ford down, never mind suggest that he be punished or held responsible for his actions. And he all but bends over backwards to hand them ammunition on a silver platter. It's insane.

It's not "mud" if it's, y'know, real. As for Ford "apologizing" - and in that usual sincere way the Fords have ("I'm sorry you're perfect and I'm not!"), big friggin' deal. If Wynne offered a public apology for her numerous screw ups, would that make everything ok?

Yes, and it's absolutely infuriating that nobody in a position of power ever calls him on this kind of crap in a way that resonates among ordinary people. Occasionally, someone will clutch their pearls and act like Margaret Dumont in a Marx Brothers film reacting to how undignified it all is, but nobody ever really smacks Ford down, never mind suggest that he be punished or held responsible for his actions. And he all but bends over backwards to hand them ammunition on a silver platter. It's insane.

It's not "mud" if it's, y'know, real. As for Ford "apologizing" - and in that usual sincere way the Fords have ("I'm sorry you're perfect and I'm not!"), big friggin' deal. If Wynne offered a public apology for her numerous screw ups, would that make everything ok?

A perfect example is Deb Matthews attacking Ford yesterday over that candidate from London.

Honestly after all the portfolios Matthews' has bungled who wants to hear her talk about anything?

Even Wynne, when I see clips of her campaign speeches I don't see how she will turn this around. She just sounds like total ineffectual political gobbledygook. They are handing Ford the election.

However I am hopeful with this NDP surge.

Since he is already covered how can you tell?

Top 10 traits that show Doug Ford and Donald Trump are cut from the same froth

See link.

B88123814Z.1_20180405073614_000_GVK4NHI2.3-0_Super_Portrait.jpg

I think Doug Ford is the photo on the right. Maybe.

Back