News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 729     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

A person who professes not to be a politician (and states the political experience of his brother and father his own) accuses other politicians in a political race, that he is a participant, of being political... I needed a fresh cup of caffeine after seeing this article.
Doug Ford accuses opponents of ‘playing politics’ over his controversial comments about immigration
The PC leader insisted Saturday that he is a strong supporter of new Canadians. He faced repeated questions about his remarks from a day earlier, when he said Ontario should be “taking care of our own first.”
https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...controversial-comments-about-immigration.html

Too bad Kellie Leitch is retired, she would make a great appointee for his new push into white nationalism.

A person who professes not to be a politician (and states the political experience of his brother and father his own) accuses other politicians in a political race, that he is a participant, of being political... I needed a fresh cup of caffeine after seeing this article.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...controversial-comments-about-immigration.html

Too bad Kellie Leitch is retired, she would make a great appointee for his new push into white nationalism.
That woman is an MD to boot. Hippocratic Oath and all. Abstaining from doing unnecessary harm...

*sigh*

PC’s win a minority, Liberals choose a new leader. Dofo says or does something outrageous. Government falls. Election is called. Liberals win majority.
Then I wake up. It’s all just been a bad dream. Then Trump appears. Noooooo!

PC’s win a minority, Liberals choose a new leader. Dofo says or does something outrageous. Government falls. Election is called. Liberals win majority.

PC's win a minority. PC's do not have the confidence in the house, so the NDP get a minority government.

PC's win a minority. PC's do not have the confidence in the house, so the NDP get a minority government.
Thanks to vote splitting the PCs win a comfortable majority, NDP in opposition. Libs pick a new leader - someone from federal cabinet. Utter shit show for four years as Doug finds himself way over his head. No challenges to leadership as Tenycke whips the party and free to push through Harper’s agenda. Ford nationites rejoice despite the debt growing and taxes not falling.

Playing to the "base"...

New data showing that Ford supporters are dramatically more likely to think that whatever the levels of immigration are, too many aren't white.

View attachment 143380

Wow, that's quite the stupid series of answer options.

The correct answer, of course, being "What the fuck does it matter?".

If I may say, this sounds pretty terrible.

Anyone winning a "majority" with a minority of votes is an outcome that could be classified as a bad dream. Doesn't matter who's in charge of said "majority".

After all, "the idiots have taken over".

That woman is an MD to boot. Hippocratic Oath and all. Abstaining from doing unnecessary harm...

*sigh*

Doctors aren't superhuman beings bereft of human fallibility.

Meaning, I don't think we should expect especially enlightened behaviour from someone just because they have sworn an oath of this or that sort.

Back