Westlake Condos (The Onni Group) - Real Estate -

A look at the interior finish as well as views from Westlake Encore. These pictures were taken during a PDI in late March. This is a corner unit situated about a third of the way up the building with south and west exposures. The interior finish package is the 'light' option.

Kitchen and living space:

kitchen 1.jpeg

kitchen 2.jpeg

kitchen-living 1.jpeg

kitchen-living 2.jpeg

Master bedroom and ensuite:

master 1.jpeg

master 2.jpeg

ensuite.jpeg

walkin.jpeg

Second bedroom and common washroom:

guest.jpeg

powder.jpeg

Wrap-around balcony:

balcony.jpeg

South-west view:

SWexp.jpeg

South-east view:
SEexp.jpeg

Attachments

• kitchen 1.jpeg
    kitchen 1.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 943
  • kitchen 2.jpeg
    kitchen 2.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 929
  • kitchen-living 1.jpeg
    kitchen-living 1.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 924
  • kitchen-living 2.jpeg
    kitchen-living 2.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 872
  • ensuite.jpeg
    ensuite.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 828
  • master 1.jpeg
    master 1.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 839
  • master 2.jpeg
    master 2.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 939
  • walkin.jpeg
    walkin.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 813
  • guest.jpeg
    guest.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 938
  • powder.jpeg
    powder.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 867
  • balcony.jpeg
    balcony.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 873
  • SWexp.jpeg
    SWexp.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 880
  • SEexp.jpeg
    SEexp.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 897
Last edited:
I love the light package.. i should have went with the light package.. Darn!
I got possession this week.. minor issues.. parking spots seem big, people will be pleased.
All the bike storage rooms are used by the construction workers, Pool not finished nor is the top floor gym..
Lots of little damage here and there in the common areas from the construction guys and I can see a tone of items for the performance review (which I hope the board picks the review company for not First service)

The funny things about the light package in the pics I posted is that it was installed in this unit by mistake. The owners of this unit ordered the dark package and as soon as they came into their unit during the PDI they went "Ummm... That's not what we asked for." Onni inspector went "Oh, no! Not again... This is the third time already that the builders got the finish package wrong..." And they only have 2 options - light and dark! :D
Anyway, the inspector graciously allowed us to take a peak at the dark package in a neighboring unit from the hallway (that unit door was not installed yet). I must admit, there isn't a striking difference between the 2 packages, but both myself and the owners agreed that the light package is slightly better just because it gives an illusion of roomier interiors, something sorely needed for the low square footage of these condo units. Regardless, the owners played it cool and said they were appalled by this brazen disregard for their purchase agreement - something that led to a bit of a compensation to them from the builder.

By the way, I purchased a different unit on a lower floor of the tower section (sadly, I forgot to take pictures of it during the PDI). The pics I posted are from a different unit that was purchased by the people I know. I just tagged along for their PDI. I'm moving in at the end of May and it's great to see posts with experiences of the people who already moved in. Thanks for the heads-up regarding the parking garage and amenity spaces. Keep the updates coming!

By the way, does anyone have any clue as to the approximate date of building registration and official title transfer? Also, how large are the occupancy fees (rent) prior to the title transfer? Is it comparable to what the mortgage payments + maintenance fees will be after the title transfer? Or are they charging some sort of a random rental price at this point?

Last edited:
By the way, does anyone have any clue as to the approximate date of building registration and official title transfer? Also, how large are the occupancy fees (rent) prior to the title transfer? Is it comparable to what the mortgage payments + maintenance fees will be after the title transfer? Or are they charging some sort of a random rental price at this point?

Great info and pictures in this thread!

I have just received the amount from my lawyer this week. For a 1 Bedroom + Den suite purchased at almost $300,000, the monthly interim occupancy fee is approximately $1,300. If anyone has any information as to when registration is expected, I'd also be curious myself.

For a 1 Bedroom + Den suite purchased at almost $300,000, the monthly interim occupancy fee is approximately $1,300.
That's a relief. I also have a 1+den purchased long ago for a similar price. $1.3K a month is really not bad at all, considering it's all-in. I was worried the'd charge something closer to the current market rental rate for an apartment this size, which is probably at least $1.8K-$2K by now.

I was told by sales that registration will be 3-6 months after the first people move in. Based on Westlake 1 which took 6 months, I expect it will be around November for Encore.

Thought I'd post some of the views from Club Encore - the top floor of the building dedicated to amenities.

Looking east onto the Humber Bay Shores and downtown skylines. Eau du Soleil rising into the sky to the right of the image, Mr. Christie's redevelopment site to the bottom-left:

view1.jpeg

Looking down on the entire Mr. Christie's site:

view2.jpeg

South-facing view, Westlake Village towers in the foreground, Beyond the Sea towers in the background to the right:

view3.jpeg

Northwest-facing view, I believe the towers in the distance is the Six Points skyline:

view4.jpeg

Another northwest-facing view, South Beach Condos at the bottom of the shot:

view5.jpeg

Attachments

• view1.jpeg
    view1.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 865
  • view2.jpeg
    view2.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 833
  • view3.jpeg
    view3.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 813
  • view4.jpeg
    view4.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 861
  • view5.jpeg
    view5.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 794
Last edited:
Lowering the water level (but leaving it filled) is correct... It should be covered, however.
Yeah, I contacted the management and they told me the same thing. They also advised that the pool maintenance guys had some troubles attaching the winter cover. That was Nov. 15th. It is three weeks later and the pool cover is nowhere to be seen. They were trying to attach it all day yesterday. Lots of noise, power tools cutting stone, hammering and plenty of other nonsense. Yet at the end of the day the pool guys were gone and so was the cover... I'm guessing these are the types of groin pains that all new condos are destined to go through?.. But I also still don't understand what could possibly be so hard about covering the pool for the winter.

Hi all, recently I found out my mother bought a pre-construction condo from Onni (Fortune at Fort York). Looking up the developer online, it doesn't look like their reputation is the best... So as people with first hand experience with Onni, I'd like to know what your opinions are about the build quality, and management of the place.

Back