News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 624     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 907     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

The Liberals were in for a decade and a half - I guess you are blaming them.

The one with the funicular - I think that's a city project.

We've gone to the extreme - hopefully some common sense can be restored.

He specifically said he wouldn't.

The pilot itself is the reason why King will be killed.

I imagine it will be similar to Rob. Doug doing the right thing and the press after him at every step - with the public approving. The question really is whether the press can drive Doug over the edge as well.

Without a doubt - at least we can say that Ford will be the best Ontario Premier in the past 15 years.

Ontarians want their own version of Trump, plain and simple.

All these prognostications of doom and gloom from the anti-Fords are seemingly karmic justice after all the years the Liberals' critics been laughed at and ridiculed for daring to raise valid questions about the direction the Province has been heading.

I defended Patrick Brown on this forum before and was told to "GTFO". Now an even "worse" outcome than Brown is emerging. Ha!

The Liberals were in for a decade and a half - I guess you are blaming them.
The Liberals did too little for a long time but they're now in the midst of the biggest transit expansion in decades, if not ever. Better late than never. If Doug cancels projects he will be to blame. Well, him and his voters of course.

The one with the funicular - I think that's a city project.
The province has the power to cancel city projects. Meddling in municipal business was Mike Harris's specialty.

He specifically said he wouldn't.
And he's proven to be the most prolific liar in Ontario politics.

The pilot itself is the reason why King will be killed.
Faster travel times, higher ridership and an improved streetscape are why the project will be killed? If that's the kind of logic we can expect from Doug Ford then Metroman's concerns are completely valid.

I imagine it will be similar to Rob. Doug doing the right thing and the press after him at every step - with the public approving. The question really is whether the press can drive Doug over the edge as well.
Yes poor Rob, such a delicate snowflake. Rob was his own worst enemy. He brought every investigation, every article, every criticism on himself. The press were simply doing their jobs. If Doug is going to continue being a bull in a china shop I hope for his sake he has thicker skin than his brother.

Without a doubt - at least we can say that Ford will be the best Ontario Premier in the past 15 years.

Even with not much competition in this contest he loses and badly. Are you for real? The only thing he's best at is spewing rubbish, ignoring facts, and thinking too highly of himself. How is that commendable?

I don't see where environmental protections have gone to any sort of extreme in Ontario. Cap-and-trade is a bullshit shellgame and is hardly extreme, if that's what you're thinking. Shutting down of coal power plants? Moose quotas? What exactly is extreme?

You want extreme enviornmental protections, you put me in charge. I'd give you something to moan about.

Well, I hope circumstances spell an end to this thread 5 weeks from now. But I am not at all optimistic and can see this one becoming even more obese than its precursor.

That is, unless DoFo gets ousted from the premiership soon enough after being elected. Don't discount that possibility.

Ontarians want their own version of Trump, plain and simple.

All these prognostications of doom and gloom from the anti-Fords are seemingly karmic justice after all the years the Liberals' critics been laughed at and ridiculed for daring to raise valid questions about the direction the Province has been heading.

I defended Patrick Brown on this forum before and was told to "GTFO". Now an even "worse" outcome than Brown is emerging. Ha!

Well, the karmic justice thing is playing out real well south of the border. Drain the pustule with a contaminated needle at your own risk.

Again, the party of personal responsibility take the first opportunity to blame others for the own silver spoon misfortune. You didn't see Wynne smoking crack, did you?

AoD

Last edited:

What about us anti-Ford critics of the Liberals? Why do I have to suffer your karmic justice?

What about us anti-Ford critics of the Liberals? Why do I have to suffer your karmic justice?

All I'm saying is that the not-so silent majority has had enough of Liberals lies and deception.

With Horwath not ready for primetime; Doug may very well prove to be worse than Wynne in the long run but I am willing to give him a chance nonetheless. The Liberals have got to go! This is a change election if ever there needed to be one.

All I'm saying is that the not-so silent majority has had enough of Liberals lies and deception.

I more don't like their self-importance and vote-buying techniques, but yeah.

... Doug may very well prove to be worse than Wynne in the long run but I am willing to give him a chance nonetheless.

Ok, I love playing with fire, but this might be a bit much for even me.

The Liberals have got to go! This is a change election if ever there needed to be one.

Changing a pile of shite for another pile of shite isn't much of a change, I reckon.

Though when you're dealing with a pile of shite of an electoral system, these sorts of shite vs shite choices become depressingly common for most people, true.

I'm very interested to see how my mum votes. She was a Conservative (and Reform before McKay's betrayal) and PC supporter in the past (as well as an occasional Green sympathiser) but she absolutely despises the Fords and knows a demagogue goon when she sees (hears) one. She also can't stand the Liberals. I'm betting she votes Green.

Last edited:
We learned this week...

Apparently, the Toronto Star has a new editorial board all of the members of which moved to Toronto from Antartica just last week.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 10.46.43 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 10.46.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 10.46.43 AM.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 342
Where is the Liberal campaign? The liberals and NDP need to pile on Dofo so we can, at least, hold the PC’s to a minority government. Wynne and Horwath need to come out swinging and label Dofo for what he is... a privileged Trump-like “elite” and a bully. He’s like a turd that needs to be flushed away. Smelly, rotten and a remainder of the useless stuff we need to expel.

Is there a Bruno Bellissimo connection to Warmington’s prison leak story?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...te-in-after-hours-jail-visit/article13707729/
I was wondering what ever happened to Bruno! Probably nothing good...

Ford Nation TV is back but more polished this time: http://www.fordnationlive.ca/news

Pretty sad that Doug's going to be premier but his competition is so lackluster. If NDP had a more dynamic leader this would be their time to finally get another chance to lead.

THere has been a delay in opening the camping office

Attachments

• B2573DA3-E53F-4572-BC7D-68ADE11BCEF7.jpeg
    B2573DA3-E53F-4572-BC7D-68ADE11BCEF7.jpeg
    622.5 KB · Views: 279

Back