News   Apr 17, 2024
 315     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     1 

LBGT parade & Police

buildup

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's increasingly hard to dissect this odd rift. The police were blocked from participating in the LBGT Parade by BLM (despite the fact the BLM narrative is not applicable to Canada, nor the Parade itself), then the ban was extended as activists attempt to pin responsibility for the serial homicides on the police rather than Mr. MacArthur. It also seems to me BLM now speaks on behalf of LBGT community?

The police solved the MacArthur crimes, that is good, also the Chief was correct in saying information from the community could've solved this faster. That is demonstrably true. Finally NOW magazine joins the fray by rehashing the bathhouse raids of 1981 (2 generations ago) and a couple of other very minor events. It seems to be grand-standing and attention seeking by 1% of the BLM and LBGT community.

If you didn't elect these aggrieved, narcissistic activists, tell them to stop speaking on your behalf?

The TPS have some answering to do as to how they handled the MacArthur case - and it is a rather awkward truth that even the current lead investigator found and reported certain irregularities:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/concerns...e-tory-calls-for-independent-review-1.3832161

And of course, it goes without saying that there were some odd racial overtones to this whole case and how TPS handled that aspect as well. It may or may not be intentional, but it is clearly there.

Now, unless you are a member of the community, I will find it a little odd this call for anyone not speaking on anyone else's behalf.

AoD

Last edited:
Anything as complex as a homicide investigation will have irregularities. This is always claimed by people close to the victims, and its understandable. Same with Air India, etc. I can understand why TPS had some doubts for a while. At least 2 of the victims were adult transients and no bodies were found. It was a good bet they had simply left town, since statistically serial killers are astonishingly rare.

I am only speaking on my own behalf, I am not representing anyo.

Anything as complex as a homicide investigation will have irregularities. This is always claimed by people close to the victims, and its understandable. Same with Air India, etc. I can understand why TPS had some doubts for a while. At least 2 of the victims were adult transients and no bodies were found. It was a good bet they had simply left town, since statistically serial killers are astonishingly rare.

I am only speaking on my own behalf, I am not representing anyo.

There are irregularities, and then there are irregularities that even the current lead investigator felt the need to be looked into. The three missing under Project Houston weren't transients - and the one transient found wasn't even identified by the TPS as missing ever (nor the second IDed by the photo alone post-arrest).

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/02/06/what-happened-to-project-houston.html

It is also patently bizarre for the chief to place blame on the community for not supplying information (because you are assuming that the community members have that information - is that assumption even logical?).

That's why we need an independent investigation of what went wrong, and quite frankly that's what the TPS should be focusing on - rebuilding trust, not blaming the broader community (vs. the Will & Grace interpretation), declare the Iraqi War is over and show up at a parade - and I am saying this more or less as someone who find banning TPS from the parade problematical in the first place, but it is just pure bad taste for TPS to be fixated on marching this summer when there is so much work they should be doing.

AoD

Last edited:
despite the fact the BLM narrative is not applicable to Canada
OK...

The police solved the MacArthur crimes, that is good, also the Chief was correct in saying information from the community could've solved this faster. That is demonstrably true.
That's your impression. There's a lot of people who think the police didn't care until a white guy got missing, and that their apathy resulted in more victims. There's nothing 'demonstrably true' about anything here.

Again it needs to be pointed out over and over again that people who are police officers CAN march in the parade. Just not in uniform. They can march as water polo players, they can march as dykes on bikes, etc. Just not as police. And if your only identity is 'police'... that's sort of weird.

That's your impression. There's a lot of people who think the police didn't care until a white guy got missing, and that their apathy resulted in more victims.

There are some reports out there that suggests it isn't the case, and it could be true - but I think that's best left to the independent investigation on the case to resolve. Awkward facts point to the need to investigate, not premature judgement.

AoD

OK...

That's your impression. There's a lot of people who think the police didn't care until a white guy got missing, and that their apathy resulted in more victims. There's nothing 'demonstrably true' about anything here.

It's a tiny group of people who believe police don't care about murders until white people are killed! These thinkers believe the system is stacked against them no matter what reality indicates. The vast majority of homicides in Toronto are of young black males, and without exception police work tirelessly to solve these cases. How many are unsolved? This line "there's a lot of people who think..." is a Donald Trump expression which he uses to indirectly make claims he can't defend.

It's the same group who believe police are shooting unarmed black people in Toronto, when in fact it doesn't happen. Police shoot and kill about 2-3 people per year in Toronto, whereas the homicide rate is about 75. Of the people they shoot less than half are black. And in virtually every case the individual has a weapon or is deranged. Exceptions to this rule, in a city of 4 million over the last 20 years - probably 2-3 instances.

Police deal with difficult situations, that why we call them. Sometimes it doesn't work out well.

Today: More than 460 people have died in encounters with police across Canada since the year 2000.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/investigates...volved-fatality-since-2000-tells-us-1.4602916

The data, which was gathered from inquests, investigation unit reports, media reports and other public records, shows the number of people who die in confrontations with police has been on the rise. The rate at which Canadians die in encounters with police has nearly doubled in the last 20 years.

That confirms my points. toronto is about 10% of Canada’s population, so let’s assume about 46 of these deaths were Toronto over 18 years. That works out to less than 3 per year killed by police in Toronto. Nearly all were armed, less than 1/2 were black. In other words encounters with police are absurdly safe.

Again it needs to be pointed out over and over again that people who are police officers CAN march in the parade. Just not in uniform.
That’s such a assinie comment. If they’re not in uniform, they’re not police.

If I was the chief I wouldn’t care either way, and I’d stop asking to participate. I don’t need the police to be doing community outreach, unless it’s connected to enforcement and protection of people and property, such as the cops in schools program or anti-gang community programs. None of that applies to Pride, it’s akin to having a TPS float in the Santa Claus parade, sure you look sharp and the horses and Harleys are nice to see, but that’s not catching criminals.

Today: More than 460 people have died in encounters with police across Canada since the year 2000.
If you’re a bad guy, sane or not, and physically threaten a police officer or the public with or without a weapon, and get shot, well, isn’t that exactly what’s supposed to go down? Otherwise, even with the Blue wall and systemic bias, we’d see police charged with manslaughter or murder dozens of times a year.

If you’re a bad guy, sane or not, and physically threaten a police officer or the public with or without a weapon, and get shot, well, isn’t that exactly what’s supposed to go down?

Sorry, mate, but that's complete bullshit. First of all, if shooting does need to occur, they should be properly trained enough to be able to shoot to neutralise and not kill.
Second of all, there are techniques to neutralise people in tense situations that don't involve guns. UK police seem quite adept at this, for example.

I should also like to point out that mentally ill people in crisis do not have any control of their psychological faculties. If that's a death sentence then I don't think I want to pay taxes anymore.

If I was the chief I wouldn’t care either way, and I’d stop asking to participate. I don’t need the police to be doing community outreach, unless it’s connected to enforcement and protection of people and property, such as the cops in schools program or anti-gang community programs. None of that applies to Pride, it’s akin to having a TPS float in the Santa Claus parade, sure you look sharp and the horses and Harleys are nice to see, but that’s not catching criminals.

I pretty well agree with this. I don't see why it's such a big deal. I haven't been to Pride since 2010 and even when I have been I was there in a personal capacity and not as a representative of my employer.
If I were them, I'd just walk away.
If someone doesn't want me somewhere then I'm out, no problem. Like I want to be places where I'm not wanted.

It’s not really LBGT community that is blocking the police, it’s a BLM fifth column within it, which I call BLMLBGT which is hijacking the mcarthur case. These are non issues, the police solved the case without any help from the ‘community’. Kudos to the police.

The whole gay discrimination thing is so played out. There isnt any significant discrimination against anyone anymore, except perhaps the disabled. That needs to be fixed. But anyone, gay or black who has strong qualifications, a useful degree, and a great attitude can find work. Unless they wasted their time taking cultural studies courses - in which case they do have a problem.

Last edited:
There isnt any significant discrimination against anyone anymore, except perhaps the disabled.
Short men can't get dates, fat folks can't get airline seats, and what about short, fat children, will no one think of the children?!

funny-picture-9979524336.jpg

Back