Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I'm not sure if the government could really make the decision where Alstom was going to be producing its vehicles, but I tend to agree anyway. Why should Brampton be given any jobs paid for by the government if their city council was snooty enough as to disapprove the exact project that they'll be now making the vehicles for?

As I said earlier, the vehicles will not just be for the Hurontario LRT. They will also be for the Finch LRT.

Disappointing according to the article the. “preferred proponent for the Hurontario project picked in the winter of 2018.” So much for a 2018 start....

They did not disapprove the project.....the MSF and, what, 5 stops are in Brampton.....and all on Council agree the project should terminate at the Brampton GO station......a small majority on Council disagreed on how it should get there. Unlike other municipalities that disagreed with the province (that received more money for enhanced projects) Brampton receive bad press and a vindictive re-allocation of the funds (ironically I think some of that money went to munis who also dared to provide local input to a transit project ;) )

Brampton City Council deserved all the bad press it got, and the re-allocation of funds, because of their stupidity in rejecting the most logical, direct, easiest, and most density-appropriate route between Gateway and the GO station. That minority on council that effectively killed LRT north of Gateway knew that’s exactly what they were doing, because that’s exactly what their key downtown resident political benefactors wanted.

Let’s not sugar coat things. That faction has made Brampton City Council a laughingstock.

Brampton City Council deserved all the bad press it got, and the re-allocation of funds, because of their stupidity in rejecting the most logical, direct, easiest, and most density-appropriate route between Gateway and the GO station. That minority on council that effectively killed LRT north of Gateway knew that’s exactly what they were doing, because that’s exactly what their key downtown resident political benefactors wanted.

Let’s not sugar coat things. That faction has made Brampton City Council a laughingstock.
Well, they got what they wanted, so maybe they have the last laugh?

Brampton "LRT Extension" open house:

DATE Wednesday, April 25, 2018
TIME 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
LOCATION Brampton City Hall Atrium
2 Wellington Street West

^ Further documents released today are attached.

Attachments

• 2018-000400 - AD for LRT EA.PDF
    383.8 KB · Views: 479
  • 20180406_LRT Ext Study_Corridors.pdf
    925.7 KB · Views: 488
  • 20180406_LRT Ext Study_ Intro Open House Letter to Agencies.pdf
    237.7 KB · Views: 418
That minority on council that effectively killed LRT north of Gateway ......
Not sure how they are a minority....if they were a minority on City Council I don’t think we would be having this discussion ;)

Back