News   Mar 28, 2024
 954     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 539     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 833     0 

2018 Ontario PC Leadership Race

Who do you think will win the PC leadership race (not who do you support)?

• Patrick Brown

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Christine Elliott

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Doug Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tanya Granic Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caroline Mulroney

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Ford is not to be underestimated and I think compared to any typical Tory he has a lot more pull in the suburbs where I live and I can see him taking some seats in Toronto proper.

The whole quasi Trump factor and history of Fords will give him a lot of media attention than a typical Tory candidate and his populist message will appeal to a lot of voters.

But I am unsure, but this seems like Trump vs Hillary Ontario edition.

I would caution that anger against Wynne may make a lot of moderates vote for Ford.

We are not in normal political environment.

His sexist homophobic anti urban, car is king ideas will relate to you and a lot of other people. Interesting.
I think Ford is not to be underestimated and I think compared to any typical Tory he has a lot more pull in the suburbs where I live and I can see him taking some seats in Toronto proper.

The whole quasi Trump factor and history of Fords will give him a lot of media attention than a typical Tory candidate and his populist message will appeal to a lot of voters.

But I am unsure, but this seems like Trump vs Hillary Ontario edition.

He lost to Tory. Hopefully Ontario voters see sense and he won't be elected as Premier. He is inexperienced, he is a buffoon, he is homophobic, he is misogynistic, he is many things -- none of them progressive or pleasant.

Reactions: DSC
I'm not underestimating there are enough idiots to vote for him. Apparently cavemen outnumber gentlemen in the last few years.

CBC dude says recount has been completed & Doug Ford won the recount, according to his sources (high-level party sources). Only thing we're waiting for is the official announcement.

This is shaping up to be the most exciting provincial election, ever.

For better or for worse.

He lost to Tory. Hopefully Ontario voters see sense and he won't be elected as Premier. He is inexperienced, he is a buffoon, he is homophobic, he is misogynistic, he is many things -- none of them progressive or pleasant.

He did really well against Tory in retrospect.

Also different issue...

Tory well-liked moderate guy

Wynee the she-devil to a lot of voters

CBC dude says recount has been completed & Doug Ford won the recount, according to his sources (high-level party sources). Only thing we're waiting for is the official announcement.

I know you're f****** with me.

.......right?

.....please?

Unfortunately "Anyone-but-Ford-or-Wynne" is not an option. A vote for the ONDP in a Liberal held riding is a vote for Ford.
Here we go with the "strategic" voting rubbish in our rubbish FPTP electoral nightmare. Feels great to have a real voice. :rolleyes:

Back