Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

The Museum House planting is so full so consistent so well cared for I wonder if that is done by the property management rather than individual owners?
I wonder if the balcony planters are plumbed so that management only has to send landscapers in at the beginning of the year to plant, and at the end of the year to drain it, close it down.

I wonder if the balcony planters are plumbed so that management only has to send landscapers in at the beginning of the year to plant, and at the end of the year to drain it, close it down.

It seems likely that property management takes care of the planting and that the planters are on an automatic watering system. Otherwise if the building left it up to the owners many of the planters would be dried out and dead.

Yesterday

exhibit1283.jpg

Attachments

• exhibit1283.jpg
    exhibit1283.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 815
Looks like they're finally getting moving on one of the ground floor retail spots. The easternmost space has design company signage up and the building permit says it's for a restaurant over 30 seats so maybe it's still going to be a McDonalds. The western space is still up for lease.

I know this is criticized as being gimmicky architecture, but it has a sculptural and playful quality that I find appealing. I always take a good look at it when I'm in the neighborhood.

I don't find it gimmicky at all but interesting. What is architecture about any way if there isn't some playfulness even if it's simple angles.

It's also the perfect response to the ROM crystal.

It's a background building, yet it still helps make the streetscape unique through its conversation with the Crystal. I wish the new Ontario Court of Justice could do something similar for the Nathan Phillips Square area by having some expressive link to City Hall instead of being just a box.

Last edited:

Back