News   Apr 16, 2024
 76     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 655     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 468     3 

2018 Ontario PC Leadership Race

Who do you think will win the PC leadership race (not who do you support)?

• Patrick Brown

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Christine Elliott

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Doug Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tanya Granic Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caroline Mulroney

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I reckon they should have outright banned new memberships until after the leadership campaign. Doug, I'm trying to undermine you for real though.

Thanks to Scott Reid for this--

BREAKING: Doug Ford emerges from his Mom’s basement and sees his own shadow - meaning Ontario politics gets at least six more weeks of bullshit.
LMAO...no mention of him biting his handler though...

Just checking Scott Reid's Twitter string:
Steve Paikin‏Verified account@spaikin 4h4 hours ago
.@fordnation has already come out against the carbon tax. Now @celliottability is musing likewise. I wonder whether they know that ALL the promises in The People's Guarantee are supposed to be funded by carbon tax revenue. No carbon tax, no tax cut, $ for daycare etc. #onpoli
Indeed...I wonder if Mulroney will fall into the same genuflection?

Thanks to Scott Reid for this--

BREAKING: Doug Ford emerges from his Mom’s basement and sees his own shadow - meaning Ontario politics gets at least six more weeks of bullshit.

Friggin lol! Nice one.

++++

What is this carbon tax opposition rubbish? Somebody get Chong in here, asap!

Another awkward moment:

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...e-conservative-party-fight-over-rick-dykstra/

Jenni Byrne did come out of this one looking better.

AoD
Great heads-up, and credit to Maclean's for the type of investigative journalism that's rare now-days. That being said, due to the nature of the author's writing, it was difficult to follow. It might have been rushed for a deadline. Many of the pronouns (and some think more should be used for sexuality and identity? Phhhh) are ambiguous in reference, as opposed to using proper nouns as done in legal documents. Which still remains the point or not: Legality. Which is probably why you used the term "better". There's no best or worst in all of this. As unfair as it obviously is, without anonymity being provided by a mechanism *within the legal framework*, it's just plain dangerous to assume the veracity of any allegation until properly vetted. Third party investigation is a step toward that, but this remains a conundrum.

It's unfortunate that the real issues surrounding these cases are actually weakened with the hysteria from movements like #MeToo.

Looking back on things, I was assaulted and abused too. Lost my virginity to one...she gave me a ring though....and I gave that to my next girlfriend. That was an assault on the senses. Perhaps I should never run for office? Or was it my first girlfriend that should never run?

It's a conundrum....

That's truly distateful a response.

MoD
Odd you should say that, as it was part of a conversation, based on truths, that I had with some politically active friends last night, more women than men. That you find it "distasteful" misses the point. Perhaps my putting it into words not knowing the company I keep in this forum renders a different context than it did in sensitive and mixed company last night? (Edit to Add: Some of the people discussing this last night are not at, but removed only once, from a present 'theatre' incident that's gone ballistic. One of them is a best friend of one involved, and female. She now has a radically different view on things than she did prior to present events. To presume this is somehow "she versus he" completely tilts the scale towards unequal justice.)

What's "distasteful" and I read that article through a few times, is that Byrne played both sides of the fence.
Giorno agreed with Novak: “This is correct. I am aware of no evidence either. However, I do think there is a case for Arthur or other counsel to be asked to review and report on the matter,” he said, referring to Arthur Hamilton, the Conservative Party lawyer.

Byrne replied: “Great—you guys are protected legally. That makes everything better. Sleep well at night. Cheers/Jenni.”
I read that a number of times, and still 'am. It appears inconsistent with other statements.

Btw: "That was an assault of the senses" refers to my giving away something that was a precious gift from the woman that gave it to me, even though her seducing me was awkward. In other words, since so much is down to unwarranted/unsubstantiated accusations at this point in time, I was the brute.

My point was allegorical.

At what point do 'peccadilloes' become 'misdemeanors' or worse to prevent *anyone* running for office?

Last edited:
From this thread:

Just got this from Doug. If I am seen as one of his 'strongest supporters' he is in REAL trouble! We do seem to be on first name terms though.

"I’m emailing you first because you’re one of my strongest supporters.

You’ve been with me a long time, and I’ve never needed your support more than I do right now.

Ontario is getting wrecked.

I need your help to fix it.

I want to lead the PC Party to beat Kathleen Wynne in June, but the insiders and elites are trying to keep me out.

They’re trying to make sure I don’t have time to sign up the members we need to win the campaign.

I need you to become a member of the PC Party right now.

It’s the only way you’ll have a vote.

Click this link right now to get your $10 membership. (https://secure.ontariopc.com/Partyjoin)

Don’t let the Queen’s Park insiders walk away with this.

I’m counting on you.

Doug"
Hmm. Better become a member just to keep the candidate you don't want, out of the winner's circle.

From this thread:
Hmm. Better become a member just to keep the candidate you don't want, out of the winner's circle.
lol! What a great idea Walter. Seriously, get as many people as you can to sign up, and then swamp his rubber duck come the time.

Call it a lesson learned from the Russians installing Trump, except in reverse. What's good for the Goose is good for the Turkey.

Conrad Black has endorsed Mulroney. I know that probably doesn't mean much to almost anyone, but I like Black.

Ok, I don't know him personally, but I like his writing. Not the content, necessarily (90% of the time). Also, I think he's like a bit of a caricature.
In the same piece in today's National Post he claimed Doug was a friend and a good guy. Though, he does realise that Ford's baggage is too much to carry.

Doug doesn't want to be second or third banana, put the dots together folks. It's interesting that he's not even following the PC playbook regarding the Carbon Tax. I wonder if he'll be gently reminded to follow the rules.

"When asked about his intentions should he fail to become leader, he said he will still seek the Etobicoke North seat."

"He also told the hundreds of supporters Saturday night at Toronto’s Congress Centre as he launched his leadership bid that he does not support the carbon tax — a key part of the party’s platform that provides the funding for it."
www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/02/03/change-is-in-the-air-doug-ford-supporter-says-at-rally-for-pc-leadership-candidate.html

Last edited:

Back