News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 631     0 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mihevc has moved more to the center as of late it seems. His statement about "fare evaders hurting us all" was pretty shocking for a professed social democrat.

I don't think there's any contradiction between "fare evaders hurting us all" and social democracy. A social democrat would push for far higher subsidies for public transit than present but still be against fare evasion.

Two more vacancies? According to a friend at city hall KWT is being lured to run for the Liberals in Toronto Centre and Janet Davis by the NDP in Beaches-East York.

I wonder if we will see more of this.

The timing of the Provincial election allows them to run for council if they don't win in June.

The only problem is that there is a bit of stigma for running for higher office when you are already an elected official.

If they do run they will likely announce much closer to the election day.

Both Toronto Centre and Beaches-East York are curiously missing nominated candidates for both parties suggesting that they are waiting for their confirmation.

The only problem is that there is a bit of stigma for running for higher office when you are already an elected official.

If they do run they will likely announce much closer to the election day.

Both Toronto Centre and Beaches-East York are curiously missing nominated candidates for both parties suggesting that they are waiting for their confirmation.

This is true. I guess I shouldn't paint everyone with the same cynical brush as Ford as well.

I noted the same about the PCs with Etobicoke North. They currently don't have a candidate. Its like they have been purposely left the door open for Ford.

Two more vacancies? According to a friend at city hall KWT is being lured to run for the Liberals in Toronto Centre and Janet Davis by the NDP in Beaches-East York.

To make things awkward, Kevin Beaulieu, KWT's former Executive Assistant, is running for the NDP nomination in Toronto Centre.

To make things awkward, Kevin Beaulieu, KWT's former Executive Assistant, is running for the NDP nomination in Toronto Centre.

Rumours of KWT running for the Liberals have been going on for years. I'm not yet convinced she will do so, but if she does, at least one Liberal won't take Toronto Centre for granted, as so many at the federal and provincial level have done over the years.

Back