News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 635     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

upload_2018-1-5_20-24-30.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-5_20-24-30.png
    upload_2018-1-5_20-24-30.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 595
This doesn't have to do with the Flexity's and the s**tshow that is Bombardier. Munro says so right in his quoted Twitter posts.

You seem to get all testy whenever a discussion is not strictly on topic. Why don't you become a moderator?
This is completely off-topic.

This takes the award for most off-topic post on UT ever. What the hell?

Please. Stop. Those are more than 100 years old and totally irrelevant not only to today's issues but particularly to the topic of this thread.

This question isn't related to the topic of this thread at all.

This thread has gone ridiculously off-topic.

This is actually totally irrelevant to the topic of this thread which is the Gardiner Expressway.

Considering that a number of posters here (including yourself) are quick to blame Bombardier for every problem related to our old streetcars, I think Munro's point is indeed relevant to the discussion.

4459 has enter service on 504. 4458 has been out since 1 am on 510 and currently on 509 for testing.

You seem to get all testy whenever a discussion is not strictly on topic. Why don't you become a moderator?

Considering that a number of posters here (including yourself) are quick to blame Bombardier for every problem related to our old streetcars, I think Munro's point is indeed relevant to the discussion.
You are joking that @pstogios becoming a mod??:mad::eek: He would kill any posting that may go off track even if its a small thing in threads he is watching.

Steve posting belongs here.

Given the fact that most of the ALRV's fleet was to be scrap by the end of 2014 with the remaining to be gone early 2015, the question is why are these cars still in service and not working after major rebuilt because of BBD late deliveries??

Because of all the problems TTC has had with the A's from day one, it was in TTC best interest to scrap them as the new cars arrive as plan. After spending X dollars to rebuild 20-30 of them until about 2025, why are they not working in this cold weather like some of the CLRV's?? Can see a few cars, but the whole fleets for a day or 2 or more is only adding extra pressures on the C's, as well finding buses to cover their service. TTC needs to make clear what is happen to the existing fleet and what the cost is not only rebuilding them, but maintaining them since its extra expense out of their budget because of delays that could be put to use elsewhere than deferring X items. All those costs needs to be past back to BBD for their screw up.

Don't know if 4461 has arrived, but it and 4460 are not tracking yet. What is odd about them, they were supposed to be on the same train from TB, but ended up on different trains. Have no idea what has been ship or delivery other than up to 4460 as of Dec 27. Don't expect to see much improvement for delivery this year, let alone the failure rate.

I didn’t know one could become a moderator. That’s a good idea.

And something is slightly off with you that you took the effort to quote so many of my messages. I typically enjoy your messages but what you just did was super creepy.

Finally, about the point of my message. As Munro said, the ALRV rebuilds were supposed to last through this period of time and the failure by the TTC to do so is a topic of conversation not related to the Bombardier fiasco. So this conversation should occcur in another thread.

I didn’t know one could become a moderator. That’s a good idea.

And something is slightly off with you that you took the effort to quote so many of my messages. I typically enjoy your messages but what you just did was super creepy.

Finally, about the point of my message. As Munro said, the ALRV rebuilds were supposed to last through this period of time and the failure by the TTC to do so is a topic of conversation not related to the Bombardier fiasco. So this conversation should occcur in another thread.

I apologize for going a little too far with my reply. Anyway, here's a tweet that is definitely not off topic :).

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 2.04.54 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 2.04.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 2.04.54 AM.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 509
This is my first post so I am backtracking a bit on some issues a week or two ago. One of the reasons that was given for failing to ship the 63rd car by 12/31 was a shortage of parts. Anyone know what those parts would be?
If its a windshield or something small like that, fair enough. If its a major component like a frame or body, would the "supplier" not be Bombardier itself, albeit a different location?

Bombardier has not built a good product since the T1s.

You think the TTC would have learned from the door issues and levelling on the TR trains.

I apologize for going a little too far with my reply. Anyway, here's a tweet that is definitely not off topic :).

Yet we have the extremely long construction timeframe for Queensway rebuild. Bombardier's not responsible for 501 buses in that regard.

Now back off topic, and something been wondering about for awhile: Has anyone ever stolen a streetcar and taken it for a joyride of sorts? So many streetcars, so many lines, so many decades of service. And isn't it dirt easy to just hop in the driver's seat and push the pedal to make it go? Brought this up with someone, and kinda surprised if this hasn't happened at least once.

Yet we have the extremely long construction timeframe for Queensway rebuild. Bombardier's not responsible for 501 buses in that regard.

Now back off topic, and something been wondering about for awhile: Has anyone ever stolen a streetcar and taken it for a joyride of sorts? So many streetcars, so many lines, so many decades of service. And isn't it dirt easy to just hop in the driver's seat and push the pedal to make it go? Brought this up with someone, and kinda surprised if this hasn't happened at least once.
I had a looked at the Queensway in Dec and all the rails are in place with concrete pour for them. Overhead support still missing for much of it as well the overhead. Never got a look at the loop at all.

The section from the loop to Park Lawn should be finish in Feb, subject to the weather, not the plan Dec date.

Looks like 39 ALRV's still exist, but not sure on 6 of them since they are black dots. All of them are in the yards.

To go Joy riding, one must know how to open and close doors as well the controls. Best you would see is only going a few blocks due to traffic unless done late at night on straight track. Google show no illegal use of streetcars I could see, but doesn't mean it hasn't happen years ago. TTC buses have gone on a joy ride.

Bombardier has not built a good product since the T1s.

You think the TTC would have learned from the door issues and levelling on the TR trains.

Seriously? It's still a couple decades too early to be pining for the T1's isn't it?

TRs have been some of the most reliable cars at any time in the history of any metro in North America; including a wide margin over T1's at a similar age. As you say, improvements can still be made, but the short-term lesson learned is to order more TRs with minor design changes.

Last edited:
And isn't it dirt easy to just hop in the driver's seat and push the pedal to make it go? Brought this up with someone, and kinda surprised if this hasn't happened at least once.

It's way more difficult than simply "hopping in the seat and off you go". I woudn't recommend trying it, but if you were to do so you wouldn't get very far.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back