Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Here we go again with the TTC messing with another art installation in a station:rolleyes:. Although I understand the concern, their should be a way to remedy the concerns they're having without blocking the whole system off.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/12/22/ttc-backtracks-on-500000-station-art-installation.html
[...]
The installation at the new Pioneer Village station, called LightSpell, serves as functional lighting and allows transit users to immediately display messages throughout the station using one of five interfaces installed on the platform.

The installation is “an experiment of the freedom of speech of the individual versus the influence of the group,” Jan Edler, a co-founder of realities:united, the German art studio behind the project.

“You can not only enter text anonymously, but you can also override and erase text anonymously. The censoring of inappropriate content if there is any is not done through an automated system but is being organized or is supposed to be organized by the group of people in the station,” he said. [...]
What could possibly go wrong?

It speaks volumes about the naiveté of the TTC management and board...

I propose an art project for $500,000 that is a phone jack input in many spots of a station so that people can plug-in their iDevices and have it blast tunes throughout the station. Shouldn't be a problem...

I like your idea but might I suggest the song recognised by the Guinness book of world records for having the most profanity?

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-22_20-52-41.png
    upload_2017-12-22_20-52-41.png
    838.1 KB · Views: 367
I propose an art project for $500,000 that is a phone jack input in many spots of a station so that people can plug-in their iDevices and have it blast tunes throughout the station. Shouldn't be a problem...
I'm showing up with my gabber and speedcore.....wake people right up for their morning commute. Don't knock it, it's a lot better than "Mein Kampf in lights".

What could possibly go wrong?

It speaks volumes about the naiveté of the TTC management and board...
They find some kind of excuse every year to mess around with some kind of art project or revitalization project. Why they bother pay hundreds of thousands of dollars only to create some half baked solution to a problem, or shut off an art installation is beyond me.

Oh my god I can tell we really have nothing to discuss hahaha

Back