Toronto Haven On The Bluffs Condos | 38.71m | 10s | VHL Developments | Master Building

I do not believe it is the color of the end. We can look at VHL building process.
Feb2015-001.jpg
2015-09-02%2011.27.07.jpg

Attachments

• Feb2015-001.jpg
    Feb2015-001.jpg
    861.8 KB · Views: 591
  • 2015-09-02%2011.27.07.jpg
    2015-09-02%2011.27.07.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 621
I do not believe it is the color of the end. We can look at VHL building process.
I don't think it will be the final colour either. I had a look the other day from much closer and the colour is very variegated, with a completely unfinished appearance. It looks like a rough base for something. willwu's picture has the same thing. In the first pic it's that ugly grey colour but if you look closely it has all sorts of swirls and such, which would look totally awful as a final surface. However, in willwu's example, we know it isn't the final surface. I'm not saying the final design in those pix looks great, but nonetheless, it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as some in this thread are suggesting.

post #204 ... last photo ... bottom left (bottom 2 floors) That has to be the final coat. Anything with that same sand colour will be the final coat too.

Has anyone driven by the building lately to see their progress?

I got an email today pushing my closing date out until June 2018- wondering if that date is even realistic.

Has anyone driven by the building lately to see their progress?

I got an email today pushing my closing date out until June 2018- wondering if that date is even realistic.
Don't assume that date is accurate, but the good news is that the main structure seems to be near complete, at least from the outside appearance looking at it from the front and side. It would depend on how quickly they can do the interior (and exterior), but somehow June seems optimistic. Some time in later 2018 may be reasonable though, but I'm just guessing since I'm not a builder.

The outside surface is still quite rough and variegated in colour, which means they have a lot of external finishing to do, but the building is basically covered in walls now, unlike in some of the earlier pictures from a couple of months ago. BTW, given that the external surface is still very rough, I still have my doubts that it's going to be the final surface. It's just far too rough for that, and in fact, as mentioned the colour varies anyway.

Has the external insulation even gone up yet? I see backerboard and stuff like that, but not actual insulation. But then again, as mentioned I'm not a builder and I haven't been following it as closely as some of you here. If there is still insulation board to go then, another surface would go on top of that, which would be EIFS in some areas, and brick in others.

Maybe one of these days I'll just go ask. Or perhaps someone here who actually has some skin involved can go ask. I didn't buy one of these units. I just live in the general area.

Don't assume that date is accurate, but the good news is that the main structure seems to be near complete, at least from the outside appearance looking at it from the front and side. It would depend on how quickly they can do the interior (and exterior), but somehow June seems optimistic. Some time in later 2018 may be reasonable though, but I'm just guessing since I'm not a builder.

The outside surface is still quite rough and variegated in colour, which means they have a lot of external finishing to do, but the building is basically covered in walls now, unlike in some of the earlier pictures from a couple of months ago. BTW, given that the external surface is still very rough, I still have my doubts that it's going to be the final surface. It's just far too rough for that, and in fact, as mentioned the colour varies anyway.

Has the external insulation even gone up yet? I see backerboard and stuff like that, but not actual insulation. But then again, as mentioned I'm not a builder and I haven't been following it as closely as some of you here. If there is still insulation board to go then, another surface would go on top of that, which would be EIFS in some areas, and brick in others.

Maybe one of these days I'll just go ask. Or perhaps someone here who actually has some skin involved can go ask. I didn't buy one of these units. I just live in the general area.

Of course, it is a tentative occupancy date. I can't see it taking much longer than June though. They are drywalling the townhomes now.
It's not very rough (not sure where you are looking)... at least not on the bottom 2-3 floors of the building. That will be the final stucco surface. I've emailed the builder's lawyer and they wrote back that a 'brick-like' surface will be applied in select areas.

As for insulation, the building's exterior coat already has a waterproof membrane applied, and a stucco surface on top. This won't be covered with anything else. It's a bit tricky to ask as the entire site is fenced off.

Looks like we’re getting neighbors. Happy to see Kingston road getting a facelift, also really eager to check out the plans and price list.

07BEBB0C-DCD7-420D-A793-753168AF8E92.png
26077C13-C8B7-4448-9C2B-5B57C3947167.jpeg

Attachments

• 07BEBB0C-DCD7-420D-A793-753168AF8E92.png
    07BEBB0C-DCD7-420D-A793-753168AF8E92.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 626
  • 26077C13-C8B7-4448-9C2B-5B57C3947167.jpeg
    26077C13-C8B7-4448-9C2B-5B57C3947167.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 578
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we’re getting neighbors. Happy to see Kingston road getting a facelift, also really eager to check out the plans and price list.

Amazing, that daycare building is quite the eyesore. So glad to hear it's going to be redeveloped.

This is such awesome news!!

Have you been by the building lately? They've drywalled the townhouses and lobby. Also saw tile boxes outside. They've also installed a glass canopy above the building doors on East Haven.

Looks like a spring closing might not be too unrealistic...

Yes, I live down the street so I drive by pretty often. From what I can tell they’ve drywalled up to the 4th floor.

Also, found this fee schedule. Which (correct me if I’m wrong) may be the closing costs we’re expected to pay (if not capped).

I’ll try to take some pictures today and post it later on.

Attachments

• B7BF3158-62B8-431C-BA87-0427C0A0DD16.png
    B7BF3158-62B8-431C-BA87-0427C0A0DD16.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 309
I've never heard of lifestyle developments so I went to their website. Looks like some agents and brokers that have formed a real estate group. They may have assembled properties to flip and have staged homes for clients to sell. Hard to say. They're marketeers afterall. I don't see anything on the multi-family development front.

Yes, I live down the street so I drive by pretty often. From what I can tell they’ve drywalled up to the 4th floor.

Also, found this fee schedule. Which (correct me if I’m wrong) may be the closing costs we’re expected to pay (if not capped).

I’ll try to take some pictures today and post it later on.

I believe what you found is the fee for the Draft Plan of Condominium Application and not the fee schedule for closing costs.

I've never heard of lifestyle developments so I went to their website. Looks like some agents and brokers that have formed a real estate group. They may have assembled properties to flip and have staged homes for clients to sell. Hard to say. They're marketeers afterall. I don't see anything on the multi-family development front.

Yes I had the same intuition. They may just be holding a meeting to see what that appetite is for redevelopment and the form of housing before they try to flip it to a developer.

Glad to hear another building may be coming.

---

Regarding the building exterior, that outside surface is definitely not the final surface. It looks like it's just a base for something else. As I mentioned before, it is far too rough to be the final.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 5.25.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 5.35.36 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 5.25.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 5.25.16 PM.png
    905.9 KB · Views: 923
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 5.35.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 5.35.36 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 882

Back