Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

The luxe but slightly fussy interior finishing doesn't quite jive with F+P.

AoD

I too thought Foster+Partners was involved with the suite interiors, but I don't think that's entirely the case, aside from certain aspects like the bench details. They did create the renders of the interiors that you see in the promotional materials, but I believe those served mostly as illustrations, mainly for marketing and opening the possibilities for buyers (unfortunately). But this is not to take away from the finishes on display, which I'd say are on par with other luxury condo's I've seen in the city.

Estimated Occupancy: Spring 2023
Maintenance: Approx. $0.93/sf (individually metered for electricity, heating, cooling, water)
Property tax: Approx. 0.7% of purchase price

38569147871_a5a231008b_b.jpg

To be fair, I can't imagine getting buyers of multimillion castles in the sky to subscribe to the F+P aesthetic and nothing else (though the horror of Trumpian guilding in a F+P tower didn't escape me). But lord hopes they will be responsible for the interior common spaces, instead of atrocities like the 1BE lobby.

It looks subtly Trumpy to me. Especially those gold finishings.

Couldn't they have used iphone pale brushed gold at least??

AoD

Last edited:
I thought the suites would be sold concrete to concrete. No finishes. I liked that idea for such a high end building.

Fair, but that would just inspire some budding interior designers to put in some faux Corinthian columns and sprinkle variants of armless/headless statuettes around the place. Post Road in the sky sounds so appealing.

AoD

Finishes look better then I expected. Nice launch. Good luck to all buyers!

How much are they asking per square foot?

Fair, but that would just inspire some budding interior designers to put in some faux Corinthian columns and sprinkle variants of armless/headless statuettes around the place. Post Road in the sky sounds so appealing.

AoD
It doesn’t prevent someone with appalling taste (and lots of money) to immediately renovate!

Different strokes for different folks. I appreciate the variety. I have a relative whose home is faux Corinthian columns and all kinds of kitschy faux statues and Venus de Milos’.
I appreciate her awful taste. It’s almost like going to a goofy period museum when at her place.

Had the opportunity to visit the presentation centre today at 151 Davenport. It's very nicely decorated, albeit doesn't feature much aside from 4 or 5 mock-up rooms for living, dining, bath, and library rooms (while no varieties on these finishes were shown, I assume there are at least two for the kitchen that the buyer can customize).

24694533098_e8e22a415a_b.jpg
The room shown in the photo above is not meant to portray a dining room. That's just the room where you can choose from among finishing samples.

The presentation centre is at 181 Davenport.
The luxe but slightly fussy interior finishing doesn't quite jive with F+P.

AoD

I too thought Foster+Partners was involved with the suite interiors, but I don't think that's entirely the case, aside from certain aspects like the bench details. They did create the renders of the interiors that you see in the promotional materials, but I believe those served mostly as illustrations, mainly for marketing and opening the possibilities for buyers (unfortunately). But this is not to take away from the finishes on display, which I'd say are on par with other luxury condo's I've seen in the city.
The interiors are by a combination of Fosters+Partners, Bran Gluckstein, and Sam Mizrahi himself. Mizrahi is very hands-on, and based on the results, that is not an issue. There's some stunning marble of a type I've never seen before at the entrance, (I'll process my photos tomorrow) and overall the place looks sophisticated and very welcoming.

Interesting, finishes are at the level of Aquabella, minus the smart home system (keyless entry, etc.), balcony space, etc. Does anyone know if they are aiming for LEED Platinum or at least gold?

Can't see the floorplans and trying not to be too obvious - but on the roof?

Back