Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Just walked by the building tonight... Looks wonderful and all finished on the outside, but completely dark above ~60th floor? I thought there was a video for someone taking possession on the 70th floor over a month ago? Am I missing something here? lol

heard some units wont close till Feb

This evening.

1bloor11300.jpg

1bloor31300.jpg

1bloor41300.jpg

1bloor21300.jpg

Attachments

• 1bloor11300.jpg
    1bloor11300.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 448
  • 1bloor31300.jpg
    1bloor31300.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 449
  • 1bloor41300.jpg
    1bloor41300.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 428
  • 1bloor21300.jpg
    1bloor21300.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 462
I read somewhere (probably on this forum) that this time of year is ideal for planting new trees. Don't remember why though.
If I were to guess, roots get to settle in and trees don't have to expend much energy on leaves until Spring.

But I am completely ignorant on how trees work. I'm sure we have a resident expert on the forum or two.

I'm just concerned because traditionally, trees have not done well on Bloor.

If I were to guess, roots get to settle in and trees don't have to expend much energy on leaves until Spring.

But I am completely ignorant on how trees work. I'm sure we have a resident expert on the forum or two.

I'm just concerned because traditionally, trees have not done well on Bloor.

I wouldn't call myself an expert but I've taken a class and have read a couple books on trees. The general idea is that when trees are dormant it's less trematic for them to be transplanted. So anytime while they don't have leaves. Winter doesn't work because it's hard to dig--so fall or spring.
Trees are absolutely fascinating. If anyone wants to learn more I'd recommend this book:
The hidden life of Trees
http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/detail.jsp?Entt=RDM3462468&R=3462468

After reading this I'm surprised how many trees survive in the city. Especially surrounding by concrete and with so little of the resources that allow them to thrive. Not to mention salt, acidic dog urine, bark damage, and the direct sun and heat.

...but, ya, planting them in the fall is fine.

Back