Toronto Wellesley on the Park | 194.15m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

Just about popping out:

37331870224_730e080f9b_b.jpg

Some really thing plates in the podium and some massive ones in the tower. Bonkers build, this.

Kind of interesting from a structural engineering perspective to note in @drum118's latest photos the varying thickness of the floor slabs thus far.

37488780394_b135cf3a21_b.jpg

*image by drum118
The thickness of slab is due with transferring load since columns are moving to different locations. You can see the various columns changing locations as it moves from 4th floor to the current 8th floor under construction as the floor slab area decrease in size.

It's also not one of the square cookie cutter buildings and will require extra form work as you decease the floor area to the final area per floor above it. It add extra cost that can be easy pass onto the buyers in appearance itself.

It's funny that I can shoot something for one thing only to have other things pop out later since I wasn't looking for it or even aware of it in the first place. Someone spotted something on 88 Scott I shot earlier that I never noticed or aware of in the first place even after posting it.

The east side will remain as is, with the other 3 sides changing to X floor where it will become standard for the rest of the floors.

Last edited:
Sucks that they couldn't reach an agreement with the building next door to remove half of the U parking aisle, would have made for a much more usable space.

I do hope that they rethink the bench seating which appears to be the same as in the revitalized Grange Park. I generally spend at least an hour every day sitting in a park but I have been defeated by the uncomfortable and bottom numbing seating at the Grange so I avoid it. Also, the backrests seem to be more on an elbowrest. On the other hand, the bench seating in Berczy Park and on the promenade along the east harbour are incredibly comfy and user friendly.

Sucks that they couldn't reach an agreement with the building next door to remove half of the U parking aisle, would have made for a much more usable space.
They've planned the dog run for the area within the driveway, making the best of a suboptimal situation.
I do hope that they rethink the bench seating which appears to be the same as in the revitalized Grange Park. I generally spend at least an hour every day sitting in a park but I have been defeated by the uncomfortable and bottom numbing seating at the Grange so I avoid it. Also, the backrests seem to be more on an elbowrest. On the other hand, the bench seating in Berczy Park and on the promenade along the east harbour are incredibly comfy and user friendly.
I hope for the better benches here too! It's probably not too late to send a note in that regard to KWT's office! (Nice to see you @jaborandi!)

Back