Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Amazingly, this shit still happens.

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
I thought they put in spike strips at the entrance?

No, just the new paint and rumble strips from that picture.

Is there some reason why they have the drive-able concrete at all? Why not extend the bare tracks up the ramp? I'd imagine that bare tracks send a much stronger "don't drive here, idiot" message. It's not like we see people driving onto the railways at every level crossing in the city.

The rumble strips are hardly drivable. I'm truly amazed that honda civic manage to get over them, yet alone without noticing. They are deep and unforgiving.

Doesn't stop people to have exposed track. These guys always get stuck in the tracks, often after driving over exposed track bed in the tunnel for a significant distance.

It does surprise me that happened again, with the sheer amount of stupidity we've seen with drivers over the past few weeks. They should impound these cars for 1 year minimum, just based on driver stupidity.

It does surprise me that happened again, with the sheer amount of stupidity we've seen with drivers over the past few weeks. They should impound these cars for 1 year minimum, just based on driver stupidity.

I'd love to hear what was the dumb excuse this time. “Just following my GPS”?

So why do we not see people getting stuck on the railways at every at-grade crossing in the city?
Because railways aren't paved in concrete the entire length of them unless they are a street railway but we don't have any of these in Toronto, plus grade crossings usually only cross part of the street. Maybe it's time we put up signs along the length of it to let people know there is a track there, like the ones they have beside the right of way in Kitchener and Waterloo.

The rumble strips are hardly drivable. I'm truly amazed that honda civic manage to get over them, yet alone without noticing. They are deep and unforgiving.

Doesn't stop people to have exposed track. These guys always get stuck in the tracks, often after driving over exposed track bed in the tunnel for a significant distance.
This guys was on drugs. You’d have to be to miss those rumble strips.

I'd love to hear what was the dumb excuse this time. “Just following my GPS”?
No one is that dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back