20171006_120354.jpg

Attachments

• 20171006_120251.jpg
    20171006_120251.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 638
  • 20171006_120354.jpg
    20171006_120354.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 666
The work going on at the moment seems to be OJCR working on the new drain and sewer connections from the site to both Frederick Street and Sherbourne Street.

@philip yates
The pics are much appreciated. It really looks like this is going to be a long process so updates are appreciated. Can't wait to get out of the suburbs.

@Breeze I agree Philip. We are in the exact same situation and it is good to see things starting.

Though it is certainly good to see new residents keen to move into St Lawrence and this site has been an eyesore for far too long BUT it is probably going to be 3-4 years before you get here! The fact that this project has moved at such a glacial pace up to now is not a sign it will suddenly speed up.

There's no reason it can't speed up. The glacial pace has been in part to zoning negotiations. I assume they don't have an approved site plan yet considering the permit is for stand alone excavation for remediation purposes.

There's no reason it can't speed up. The glacial pace has been in part to zoning negotiations. I assume they don't have an approved site plan yet considering the permit is for stand alone excavation for remediation purposes.
Of course it can speed up (and I hope it does) but the project has moved remarkably slowly so far as they got the OK from OMB in June 2014 and the developer does not have a great reputation for speed or for actually finishing things off either - yes the L-Tower crane and the state of The Esplanade @ Backstage come to mind.

So wait I have a stupid question is this activity on the lot related at all to St Lawrence condo construction or not?

So wait I have a stupid question is this activity on the lot related at all to St Lawrence condo construction or not?

Yes, as DSC said a few posts up:

The work going on at the moment seems to be OJCR working on the new drain and sewer connections from the site to both Frederick Street and Sherbourne Street.

It isn't a stupid question, at least I didn't think it was and asked one of the workers. He confirmed it was for the project. The work was being done on Sherbourne,they had the fence down between the construction site and the street.

It isn't a stupid question, at least I didn't think it was and asked one of the workers. He confirmed it was for the project. The work was being done on Sherbourne,they had the fence down between the construction site and the street.
Agreed, it was not a stupid question but it was a rather lazy one as the answer was only a post or two up the thread.

I had to be downtown yesterday and stopped by the site, no activity or equipment on site.

After a couple of weeks from the last spurt of activity I was really hoping to see broken pavement and excavating!

I had to be downtown yesterday and stopped by the site, no activity or equipment on site.

After a couple of weeks from the last spurt of activity I was really hoping to see broken pavement and excavating!
The last spurt was work on drains etc but they do have several Building Permits "in process" and they applied for more on 31 October. As far as I can see the only one they have that is approved is:

Issued Date:
Aug 4, 2017
Project:
Other
Work:
Shoring
Description:
Stand alone excavation and shoring for soil remediation purposes. New address - 158 Front St E.

See: http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/setup.do?action=init

Remember, it is Cityzen who are not renowned for speed!

Back