Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Interesting. I've lived all over this city and never had that issue. I wonder if it's specific to a certain area of the city core with older connections perhaps.

It's a widespread issue, affecting most neighbourhoods built before the 1950s. The City has been replacing the City-owned portion of lead water connections where the house owner also replaces the portion it owns.

As seen from Beesher, yesterday:

DSC03170.jpg

DSC03169.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03169.jpg
    DSC03169.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC03170.jpg
    DSC03170.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 363
Last week (I believe it was Thursday), a City crew removed a second water supply to The Well site, the foreman said that water to the building remnant containing the manifold and shut off valves, visible in i42's immediately prior post, had now been fully cut off. This morning (Monday, September 11), the building remnant was taken down, as shown in the next photo. An overview of The Well site (taken from our balcony) comes after.

The Well  2017-09-11  3.jpg

The Well 2017-09-11  1.jpg

A side note - a portion of the historic Copp Clark & Co building, subject of my next post, is shown in the bottom right corner of the photo.....

Attachments

• The Well  2017-09-11  3.jpg
    The Well 2017-09-11 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 376
  • The Well 2017-09-11  1.jpg
    The Well 2017-09-11 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 352
Wasn't shoring completed on the parking lot site when they originally started building the G&M building? Wondering if they can repurpose it and go directly to excavating?

Time to demo the last building on the site.

Indeed - and here it goes - taken this morning (Saturday, September 23). It turns out the delay resulted from the time required to negotiate a temporary encroachment agreement with the adjoining property, and then to notify the tenants of the planned work. I presume the alternative would have been to demolish the remaining structure by hand, with hand held jack hammers, etc.

Also, demolition and removal of the rest of the concrete base slab remaining at the north end of the site is expected to take another two to three weeks.

Apologies for the quality of the photo - sun was in the wrong spot, and hard to get a combination of close enough to show detail of the ramp being demolished, without losing overall perspective.

The Well - 1.jpg

Attachments

• The Well - 1.jpg
    The Well - 1.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 477

Back