Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

I guess no place for homeless people to set up camp either which means no having to clear them out every few months.

I can't wait to this corridor is fully landscaped and finished because right now it looks like this big empty corridor that's not much better without the ramp. Hope they spruce it up soon.

I guess no place for homeless people to set up camp either which means no having to clear them out every few months.

I can't wait to this corridor is fully landscaped and finished because right now it looks like this big empty corridor that's not much better without the ramp. Hope they spruce it up soon.
I have not yet seen any park plans so suspect nothing will be done with it until summer 2018,

IMG_6428.JPG
IMG_6427.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6428.JPG
    IMG_6428.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_6427.JPG
    IMG_6427.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 426
Personally, I think keeping the pillars in the park has a nice semi-modern art touch. Wouldn't be oppose to them staying put or having a few removed. Maybe an even better idea would be installing trellis/latices on the pillars and planting climbing vines or colourful flowering vines (eg. trumpet vine, wisteria) to cover them.

18.jpg

58dae39af4ca06ff6bb564839a9b6ad1.jpg

4d5cab8118136d05cae80a84f4936789--pergola-pictures-hardscape-design.jpg

But this being Toronto...it's just way too common sense.

Last edited:
Not sure why we need to keep the columns just so that it can serve as a canvas. Those at the Underpass Park still serve an essential function - not really going to be case in this situation

AoD
If I understand correctly, the decision to keep or save or 'disguise" the columns has NOT been made. They were left in place to leave options open as the park is being planned. On which point .... I think it is about time that the City (or WT?) discussed or even revealed these plans!

Back