News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

Rules about renting out your condo

West End Boy

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out what condo rules are generally around renting out for a short period (1 to 3 months at a time, not daily rentals a la Airbnb). Is there a general rule of thumb or is every building different?

What would be the best place to research different buildings quickly and efficiently? Most everything I read seems to be about Airbnb style daily rentals, not longer rentals.

Thanks for any help!

Each Condo Corporation has different Rules. In mine the minimum rental is 12 months, many are 6. Our actual Rule reads:

A lease or tenancy shall be for an initial term of not less than twelve (12) months except that a lease may be for an initial term of less than one year when, upon the expiration of the term, it is the bona fide intention of the owner and tenant to promptly thereafter complete a sale and purchase of the unit.

No hotel, boarding or lodging house, transient use, time-sharing or dormitory use shall be permitted with respect to any unit.

Each Condo Corporation has different Rules. In mine the minimum rental is 12 months, many are 6. Our actual Rule reads:

A lease or tenancy shall be for an initial term of not less than twelve (12) months except that a lease may be for an initial term of less than one year when, upon the expiration of the term, it is the bona fide intention of the owner and tenant to promptly thereafter complete a sale and purchase of the unit.

No hotel, boarding or lodging house, transient use, time-sharing or dormitory use shall be permitted with respect to any unit.

Thanks DSC!

NOTE THAT I CORRECTED THIS...

Our rule is, you can rent for six month BUT, if the tenants vacate before the end of six months, you can't rent again to others until a full year from the start of the lease is up.

Last edited:

Back