News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

After a few years (?) under new ownership, the Yorkville location of Crepes A Gogo finally changed its name to Yorkville Crepes.

And don't underestimate the "unpretentious" factor. They now offer a "Perfectly Uncomplicated Latte" (it's bad).

I tried one the other day and yes, it sucked. I get their regular brewed coffee all time - it's tap water in Hamilton - and I don't mind it. But you can't make a latte 'uncomplicated.' It is inherently a pretentious drink.

As someone who once worked at a Tim's, I would highly suggest against buying any latte or espresso drink Tim's offers. They are terrible and a quick one-time cash grab attempt on unknowing customers.

The only thing on the menu that is made (or rather, assembled) in store and is actually healthy is their greek yogurt parfaits. If I am in a morning rush, I grab their coffee sludge alongside with the yogurt.

Marche/Movenpick in the Bay Adelaide centre is closing tomorrow. Always seemed very busy at lunch.

This is what it says on their website...

Store Closing
We are sad to announce that as of June 16, 2017, Marché restaurant in the Bay Adelaide Centre at Concourse will be permanently closed due to the construction of a new tower.

Ironically, the Marche at Bay Adelaide suffered through the construction of Bay Adelaide East, with all of the various disruptions.

Are they referring to the construction of Bay Adelaide North? Is it that imminent? Or is their lease simply up, and Brookfield is telling them that they will need to vacate eventually for BA N. It's possible that their space would be eliminated to provide for concourse access to the new tower. At the very least, the space may be required for construction purposes.

The street level, larger Marché remains open however. I am not entirely happy about it, since I have just complained to Public Health about finding pieces of glass in my pad thai. I almost swallowed them too.

The street level, larger Marché remains open however. I am not entirely happy about it, since I have just complained to Public Health about finding pieces of glass in my pad thai. I almost swallowed them too.

Are you referring to the Marche at Brookfield Place? Unless mistaken, I think the one closing is at Bay Adelaide.

The Bareburger franchise at Bay and Dundas has been closed the past few days. I remember seeing a closure for emergency maintenance a couple of weeks ago (but then reopened), then over the weekend they were closed again with a sign up saying they were having difficulties, "please bear with us", now the sign is down but it's still closed with no other indication of what's up. It's still listed on the chain's website though, so maybe it is just ongoing maintenance issues? I had noticed it not being so busy lately, but I thought it was doing reasonably well on weekends at least.

Update: as of Saturday the windows are now papered over.

Last edited:
The Bareburger franchise at Bay and Dundas has been closed the past few days. I remember seeing a closure for emergency maintenance a couple of weeks ago (but then reopened), then over the weekend they were closed again with a sign up saying they were having difficulties, "please bear with us", now the sign is down but it's still closed with no other indication of what's up. It's still listed on the chain's website though, so maybe it is just ongoing maintenance issues? I had noticed it not being so busy lately, but I thought it was doing reasonably well on weekends at least.

Update: as of Saturday the windows are now papered over.
That's disappointing. They had really good burgers!

Last edited:

Back