DSC_1492-2.jpg
    694.8 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC_1497-2 edit.jpg
    DSC_1497-2 edit.jpg
    943.8 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC_1501.jpg
    DSC_1501.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 272
There's also the local segment of QQW extending west of York?

Google Maps is a gong show for accuracy nowadays.

Good point.

I also like how google maps mistakenly believes there are bike lanes on Spadina, and then directs me to use them as if Spadina is a bike-friendly street.

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.56.47 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.56.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.56.47 PM.png
    416.9 KB · Views: 421
I also like how google maps mistakenly believes there are bike lanes on Spadina, and then directs me to use them as if Spadina is a bike-friendly street

Google Maps is mostly crowdsourced nowadays. They don't get updated until someone notices that something's wrong and makes the change.

Good point.

I also like how google maps mistakenly believes there are bike lanes on Spadina, and then directs me to use them as if Spadina is a bike-friendly street.

View attachment 111120

Getting off-topic here, but that's actually the City's fault - Spadina is still listed on the official cycling plan because of its sharrows. It needs to be taken off, if for no other reason than the City doesn't deserve to have it counting towards Toronto's cycle network totals.

Getting off-topic here, but that's actually the City's fault - Spadina is still listed on the official cycling plan because of its sharrows. It needs to be taken off, if for no other reason than the City doesn't deserve to have it counting towards Toronto's cycle network totals.

But it's inconsistent though. Some streets with sharrows show up as a bike lane on google maps, and some don't. See Hallam St versus Lappin Ave for example.

Last edited:
Google Maps is mostly crowdsourced nowadays. They don't get updated until someone notices that something's wrong and makes the change.

Actually it has reverted back to being centrally controlled after they shut down the standalone crowdsourcing tool (Google Map Maker), which is why it took so long for the Simcoe Ramp to be taken off. I had 'reported' it many times starting when it initially got closed, but someone at Google didn't get around to it until a few days ago. Under the old tool, a local trusted experts could remove it, and another could approve that edit, if a review was even necessary.

At least the traffic data reflected the closure. But yeah, getting a bit off topic.

Actually it has reverted back to being centrally controlled after they shut down the standalone crowdsourcing tool (Google Map Maker), which is why it took so long for the Simcoe Ramp to be taken off.

(One last off-topic post...)

Google Map Maker was just absorbed into the regular Google Maps website. They still largely rely on users to submit corrections.

upload_2017-6-6_18-59-6.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-6_18-59-6.png
    upload_2017-6-6_18-59-6.png
    710.5 KB · Views: 373
^ Here you go hawc.

Taken June 7, 2017:

The first three photos below are perhaps the last ever posted on this forum that show what was remaining of the park ramp.

9:30 am:

1:00 pm:

2:30 pm:

7:00 pm: The circular ramp is almost completely down. Just a small section left for tomorrow...

Back