Toronto Yorkville Village (was Hazelton Lanes) | ?m | ?s | First Capital | Kasian

It is a competitive business, and not all shopping malls will survive. The last two decades have been a bit tough for the mall formerly known as Hazelton Lanes. Updates were no doubt required. I'm not sure the loss of the original design concept particularly troubles me (others may disagree). It's the fact that the new design is so utterly devoid of character or sense of place. Strategically, in a world where shoppers are increasingly look for experiences when it comes to their brick-and-mortar shopping, I think this will prove to be a mistake in the long run. We shall see.

I know a new restaurant is opening in Yorkville Village later this year, but I forgot its name! It's by Chase Hospitality Group. And does anyone have details about this one?

I know a new restaurant is opening in Yorkville Village later this year, but I forgot its name! It's by Chase Hospitality Group. And does anyone have details about this one?

It will be named 'Palm Lane', and it sounds like it will be a terrific addition to the neighbourhood. It will include a casual area and a more formal dining area, and the ceiling will have a unique treatment like in the food hall (not identical). New upscale boutiques (eg Belstaff, Eleventy, JP Fortin) will line both sides of the restaurant, and Soul Cycle will be up the hall (we'll publish some floor plans soon when we cover YV in a separate article).

Hazelton Lanes is coming along sort of slowly, but I'm impressed with some of the thoughtful touches and attention to detail. Nice stonework on the Avenue Road facing side and new paving stones. There's a lot going on and it's coming together well.

The latest leasing plan is here: http://yorkvillevillage.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/YV-Leasing-Plans-March-13-2017.pdf

You can see where the Chase Group is going. It also looks like TNT is opening a bunch of new co-branded retail spaces as well. I do miss Williams Sonoma and wish they had relocated to the area...

here's a press release announcing the latest retailers: https://www.canadianinsider.com/eur...ning-concept-set-to-open-in-yorkville-village

Not sure if this is the right thread, but the best one I could think of without creating a new one. There is extensive recladding work going on at The Residences of Hazelton Lanes.

Taken today:

PXL_20210903_131725230.MP.jpg

PXL_20210903_132224025.MP.jpg

PXL_20210903_132317036.jpg

Back