Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

i get the feeling that this will be sold to another developer and be re-designed, i just think that Mirvish has no funds and financing to go ahead with the original plan.....just saying
that and there was a lot of dislike for the design early on. I think that Gehry may be out of touch from the artful world now and just designing for the sake of design now.

And Gehry is in trouble here in LA over, of all things, a mixed-use project with high-for-the-area towers in which he wants to demolish a heritage building because, I suppose, he didn't design it and it's in his way.

As an optimist, here's a "before" shot of the site from the Green P on Adelaide:

IMG_20170421_124230.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170421_124230.jpg
    IMG_20170421_124230.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 285
Initially they stated they were hoping to start construction in 2017. Which it is. So really at this point it's not even really behind schedule. I still feel very confident that sales will be fast.
It's a legacy project that will appeal to international clients.
OCADU is still involved. Also it was only a few months ago that the site plan was approved.
I too am impatient about this. But when you are building something like this I can see why they are not rushing.

Initially they stated they were hoping to start construction in 2017. Which it is. So really at this point it's not even really behind schedule. I still feel very confident that sales will be fast.
OCADU is still involved. Also it was only a few months ago that the site plan was approved.
I too am impatient about this. But when you are building something like this I can see why they are not rushing.
Thank you, that is helpful and much appreciated. Toronto needs this articular development!

I strongly disagree, IMO the reflexive push back was on height (as usual) but the response to the design was and is thrilled!
I thought people complained about it looking like it had garbage stuck on the side of it, plus there was aoos the objection about the Princess of Whales being taken down for it as it's Toronto's newest and biggest theatre.

Some people like the design, others don't like the design. Is it hard to believe that UT members are of two minds about this, and of every other project in the city? There's nearly never unanimity on any project.

UT members are of two minds about this, and of every other project in the city? There's nearly never unanimity on any project.

Thats cause some want Toronto to look more like Copenhagen and others want it to look like Dubai, i personally like the the way Toronto is building, a mix of great, good, and kind of bad.....hey isnt that what is expected in life:)

I generally agree...but to get shovels in the ground this year, they'd have to start sales now and get up to 80% in a matter of months. It's hard to see that happening.

Hopefully there's some level of progress this year, even if it's just finally starting sales.

I generally agree...but to get shovels in the ground this year, they'd have to start sales now and get up to 80% in a matter of months. It's hard to see that happening.

The way many buildings are selling in this market 80% in a matter of months may not be a problem.

Thats cause some want Toronto to look more like Copenhagen and others want it to look like Dubai, i personally like the the way Toronto is building, a mix of great, good, and kind of bad.....hey isnt that what is expected in life:)

True, but there seems to be a disproportional number of "bad".

Back