Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

they have had building permits filed since November IIRC, they are just awaiting zoning approval for the city to issue them. I imagine that once the Board Decision is issued, the zoning by-law is then passed, and the permits are issued. Work could probably start a week after the issue of the permit. That is of course the contractor is on standby and ready to move, and Mizrahi has all his financing lined up.

I got an email recently that said that floor plans should be available towards the end of the month and that units are priced at $1300-$1600/sq ft and up.

they have had building permits filed since November IIRC, they are just awaiting zoning approval for the city to issue them. I imagine that once the Board Decision is issued, the zoning by-law is then passed, and the permits are issued. Work could probably start a week after the issue of the permit. That is of course the contractor is on standby and ready to move, and Mizrahi has all his financing lined up.

seeing how they already did the demolition and other preliminary works, hope the actual construction won't take too many years! it's rare to see some innovative architecture coming to toronto... so i'm really looking forward to the finished product!

seeing how they already did the demolition and other preliminary works, hope the actual construction won't take too many years! it's rare to see some innovative architecture coming to toronto... so i'm really looking forward to the finished product!

Let's hope Mizrahi partners with an established construction company for this build. Construction was lagging at 181 Davenport and that is not a very large building (is it even finished, or at least have they reopened the sidewalk and all lanes of traffic on Davenport?). The One will be a very large and complex construction process, and should be done by a company who has built high-rises in small, complex locations.

Let's hope Mizrahi partners with an established construction company for this build. Construction was lagging at 181 Davenport and that is not a very large building (is it even finished, or at least have they reopened the sidewalk and all lanes of traffic on Davenport?). The One will be a very large and complex construction process, and should be done by a company who has built high-rises in small, complex locations.

The sales center for "The ONE" is going to be in the retail space at 181 Davenport ( or so I hear), the building is finished and occupancy ongoing.

To anyone who knows how these things work: is this actually a threat to the project, or just to Mizrahi himself? I imagine his investors have a stake in seeing this completed since they can't usefully sue someone with empty pockets.

To anyone who knows how these things work: is this actually a threat to the project, or just to Mizrahi himself? I imagine his investors have a stake in seeing this completed since they can't usefully sue someone with empty pockets.

It'll be a threat to the project in the same way that 1 Bloor East suffered from the crash; investors (who are money people; not developers) who get the pieces will likely dump the property and try to recoup what cash they can. Another developer will almost certainly build something at that location quickly; the soon-to-be-approved retail is a no-brainer to building the first 7 floors.

Probably not Great Gulf this time as they didn't seem to like the size of One Bloor East (big lag to revenue).

This lawsuit is ancient news.
For what it's worth I'd heard 1BW would be financed by the Chinese.

Back