News   Apr 17, 2024
 871     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 317     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Cannot Create New Threads -WHY ?

Is there a way to get to the last comment right away in any given thread ? Sometimes when I go to a thread there are a lot of posts to go through to get to the last, and sometimes it's only the last comment that appears. Sorry if there's something I'm missing to do, or this has been explained somewhere before.

Is there a way to get to the last comment right away in any given thread ? Sometimes when I go to a thread there are a lot of posts to go through to get to the last, and sometimes it's only the last comment that appears. Sorry if there's something I'm missing to do, or this has been explained somewhere before.

When you click on a thread it takes you to the first comment that you haven't read in that thread. @old boy

When you click on a thread it takes you to the first comment that you haven't read in that thread. @old boy

If I'm not mistaken, I think @old boy was asking for a way to skip to the latest post in a thread instead of reading through all the unread stuff first. If that's the case, then yes there is a way to do that. Located on the far right is a date showing when the last post was made, and the member who posted it. If you click on that date, it will take you straight to the last post in that thread regardless if you read any of the previous posts before it.

Screen shot 2016-09-13 at 6.57.11 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-09-13 at 6.57.11 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-09-13 at 6.57.11 PM.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 692
I cannot find an existing thread with regard to my discussion. So I need to post a thread. Posting 20 posts would generate more spam if you know what I mean. I can come up with some content and participate in 20+ discussions but then that would not be genuine.

I cannot find an existing thread with regard to my discussion. So I need to post a thread. Posting 20 posts would generate more spam if you know what I mean. I can come up with some content and participate in 20+ discussions but then that would not be genuine.

You can now.

You can't start a new thread but you can comment on existing ones. Once you hit 20 posts (only 18 more to go) you'll be able to create a new thread. Sorry but we've had some massive spam issues in the past and this has made a big difference.

I'm happy to reply to existing threads here, but there is one new thread I'd like to create. Maybe I'll create that thread on Reddit instead of here.

If you say that the policy change has cut down on spam, I believe you. Still, it's interesting that the spam software used by spammers may be so poorly-written so as to be unable to post spam replies to pre-existing threads.

A) If it's indeed true that the spammers' software is completely unable to post replies, is it possible you could please start an experimental pilot project, and try reducing the threshold for us non-spammers from 20 posts down to 2 or 3 posts?

B) May I bump the test thread with 17 identical replies, or would that be too annoying? Perhaps it might cause any subscriber to receive 17 identical email notifications.

C) Might it be possible for new threads by brand-new users to be held for moderation instead of completely forbidden? Or is off-the-shelf XenForo unable to do such a thing?

Thank you for reading this!

Back