News   Mar 28, 2024
 61     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 217     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are there threads or can we make them discussing each councillor choice for each ward? I'd like to get involved this year, or atleast vote for a candidate that shares similar viewpoints. But also discussing specific ward councillor choices on this site would also be great.

Indeed.

I'd support her as new leader of the Liberal Party however.

I think if you put her in charge of the Ontario Liberals, you'll get Wynne 2.0. Thanks but no thanks. Wynne has already proven to be the worst Premier Ontario has ever had. I seriously doubt Carroll would be any better.

Wynne has already proven to be the worst Premier Ontario has ever had.

I think Gordon Conant is still in the running for worst ever. That guy had so many arguments with the Prime Minster (also a Liberal) that his own party kicked him out within 6 months followed 6 months after that by the public kicking the Liberals out of power for 42 years.

In short, I don't think Wynne is even the worst Liberal Premier Ontario has ever had.

Last edited:
Is Wynne materially worse than McGuinty? They seem more or less interchangeable to me - screwed up the electricity market, owned by the teachers' unions, happy to cement our status as the world's largest sub-sovereign debtor, completely indifferent to the economy, total fuck ups on transit...

Is Wynne materially worse than McGuinty? They seem more or less interchangeable to me - screwed up the electricity market, owned by the teachers' unions, happy to cement our status as the world's largest sub-sovereign debtor, completely indifferent to the economy, total fuck ups on transit...

So much dumb stuff in one paragraph it's almost impressive.

I am not sure, but Wynne may be a bit worse on the corruption (i.e. pay for access) than McGuinty. However, McGuinty deserved more credit for being the architect of these policies that have created such high debt in the past and crippled Ontario's future.

That's why I find it so surprising that people say they would consider voting Liberal with a new leader. It is painfully obvious that it is the Liberal policies that have been disastrous, and not the failings of an individual leader. Switching leader would give the same result it did a few years ago - no chance of success due to the underlying policies. The scary thing is that people in Toronto (and even the GTA) are so misguided that they likely would give the Liberals another chance with a new leader.

I'd say Bob Rae has been moved into 3rd as the worst Premier in Ontario's history.

Last edited:
The scary thing is that people in Toronto (and even the GTA) are so misguided that they likely would give the Liberals another chance with a new leader.

Well, as long as the PCs and the NDP are architects of their own doom, that'll be the case.

Bailão has to go. She's been negligible and the area isn't even that Portuguese anymore.

Back