Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

aA are working on the 3 residential towers fronting onto Front IIRC

HPA are doing the office tower and Adamson are the executive architects. There's another architect for the north residential towers and a final one for the retail component.

Edit : and CCA as landscape

No. I'm talking about this project.

According to onsite personnel, demolition starts the end of next week.
DSC06441_zps1f3ip1mi.jpg

The Well on Thursday, February 2: Start of Construction Activities - Arrival On Site of Two Excavators - In Parking Lot Behind Former Spin Master Building.

The Well - Start of Construction Activities.jpg

:)

Attachments

• The Well - Start of Construction Activities.jpg
    The Well - Start of Construction Activities.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 585
February 3 - some photos of the demolition activities now underway - Green Pro on the job. A number of workers are present in different areas of the site. Some comments:

1. Green Pro Demolition has signage up in a number of locations - here is one on Wellington Street, behind the Globe and Mail print shop building

2. Looks like Asbestos abatement is going to be required before at least some of the old Globe building comes down - this trailer is for worker clean up and decontamination after a shift. Unfortunately, did not capture the door at the end of the trailer which had signage to the effect Clean Worker Exit Only (in other words, if you are coming off shift with your work clothes on USE THE OTHER DOOR).

3. Victoria building - last occupants have now moved out, and the building is fenced off for demolition

4. Demolition equipment - looks very brand new, like this is its first job

5. Another view of the demolition equipment - the unit on the right is being started (operator visible in the cab, with his back turned), about to to back to Wellington Street, to pick up its demolition claw attachment from the float truck which is waiting, blocking the eastbound lane (no photo of the float truck).

6. Interior demolition of the former Spin Master building top floor actively underway - tried to catch a load of debris coming down as it was being dumped - but my timing just was not good enough.

The Well - G and M Building Demolition Signage.jpg

The Well - G and M Building Asbestos Decontamination Support.jpg

The Well - Victoria Building Fenced Off.jpg

The Well - Demolition Equipment.jpg

The Well - Demolition Equipment Almost In Action.jpg

The Well - Spin Master Toys Building Demolition.jpg

Attachments

• The Well - G and M Building Demolition Signage.jpg
    The Well - G and M Building Demolition Signage.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 566
  • The Well - G and M Building Asbestos Decontamination Support.jpg
    The Well - G and M Building Asbestos Decontamination Support.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 536
  • The Well - Victoria Building Fenced Off.jpg
    The Well - Victoria Building Fenced Off.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 564
  • The Well - Demolition Equipment.jpg
    The Well - Demolition Equipment.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 647
  • The Well - Demolition Equipment Almost In Action.jpg
    The Well - Demolition Equipment Almost In Action.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 666
  • The Well - Spin Master Toys Building Demolition.jpg
    The Well - Spin Master Toys Building Demolition.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 553
GFL is on major expansion mode in Ontario right now, as you can see they recently bought up pro-green. wouldn't be surprised if these machines are new because of their aggressive expansion.

GFL is on major expansion mode in Ontario right now, as you can see they recently bought up pro-green. wouldn't be surprised if these machines are new because of their aggressive expansion.

Was going say that they are really expanding out of garbage collections and into other fields recently..

Also, I didn't realize how close to Rogers Centre this project is..

The tracks on the right one do look worn in. Beats me how long that takes on a new machine.

aA are working on the 3 residential towers fronting onto Front IIRC

HPA are doing the office tower and Adamson are the executive architects. There's another architect for the north residential towers and a final one for the retail component.

Edit : and CCA as landscape

Wait - just to clarify - CCA and HPA are involved in 400 Front now?

Wallman is handling the mid-rise elements on Wellington. BDP is handling the retail.

From what I have seen, they have, but have not yet announced it.

Apparently quite a few large tenants are out looking for new space right now, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few new office towers get the go ahead this year.

If you look at TD Centre it looks like no one has rented the EY space yet (available June 1). It really needs to be gutted so a 6 month project. Only 2 other floors available in the 6 towers.

CCW has no full floors available

FCP only has 3 half floors available. Exchange tower has a half dozen floors available (I assume from TMX moving to EY Tower but could be another tenant)

Basically other than the EY space there's not many large leases available. I would expect an announcement for a new tower soon (but most likely 45 Bay, Bremner & York or 145 Front). The proximity to Union & PATH connection really helps.

Back