News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 864     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Let's see.

If Trump takes us back 30 years, New York will be underwater by now. If he takes us back 40 years, we are in an ice age now. Maybe 60 years is when science and politics were kept separate.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/12-of...that-intelligent-people-have-ever-made-2015-5
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-are-economic-forecasts-wrong-so-often/

Perhaps we should stop having economists at the table and stop "politicizing" it. Oh wait, we actually have a PM with a MA in it and it was apparently an asset*.

(*I disagree with his politics, but his education and knowledge isn't a bad thing in my books, nor is having economists advising, drafting public policy isn't a bad thing; just like how having climatologists doing the same isn't a bad thing)

See - http://thefederalist.com/2014/01/17/the-death-of-expertise/

AoD

Last edited:
>Trump will never run
>Trump will never recover from the Mexican comments
>Trump will never reach 15%
>Trump will never reach 25%
>Trump will never recover from the Muslim comments
>Trump will never win New Hampshire
>Trump will never reach 35%
>Trump will never win South Carolina
>Trump will never win most states on Super Tuesday
>Trump will never win Super Tuesday 2
>Trump will never reach 45%
>Trump will never recover after Wisconsin
>Trump will never win unbound delegates
>Trump will never recover after Colorado
>Trump will never be the nominee
>Trump will never recover Mexican judge
>Trump will never predict Brexit
>Trump will never pivot to the general election
>Trump will never poll better than Clinton in swing states
>Trump will never unify the majority of the GOP
>Trump will never recover Khan
>Trump will never win the debates
>Trump will never recover pussy leak
>Trump will never win OH, IA, NC, FL, PA, MI, WI
>Trump will never ever be the President of the United States
>Trump will not kill TPP
>Trump will never repeal Obamacare
———————
[YOU ARE HERE]
———————
>Trump will never build the wall
>Trump will never deport illegal aliens
>Trump will never bring jobs back
>Trump will never abolish Common Core
>Trump will never destroy EU
>Trump will never win the reelection

http://www.bluedotdaily.com/trump-f...aster-relief-governor-pleas-for-help/#respond

Wow, Trump didn't bother to notice a natural disaster in two deep red states...

Time to stop reading fake news bud...

The Associated Press

HATTIESBURG, MISS.
Gov. Phil Bryant announced Wednesday that President Donald Trump has issued a disaster declaration for four Mississippi counties following tornadoes Saturday.

The declaration makes people in Forrest, Lamar, Perry and Lauderdale counties eligible for individual assistance up to $33,000. It also includes money to reduce hazards statewide.

The move comes as recovery continues from a tornado that ripped a 31-mile path across Lamar, Forrest and Perry counties, killing four. Wednesday, William Carey University's 800 dormitory residents began returning to campus to retrieve belongings, and Hattiesburg's bus system resumed running, using borrowed buses.

Bryant officially requested a federal disaster declaration Monday night, asking the Federal Emergency Management Agency to provide aid to affected residents. Mississippi Emergency Management Agency Director Lee Smithson has warned that people will need other resources because federal aid isn't designed to restore a home to pre-storm conditions.

"I would like to thank President Trump's administration for its exceptionally quick response to our Mississippians in need," Bryant said in a statement. "With more than 500 homes either destroyed or having suffered major damage, this federal assistance is critical to help these counties recover.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/article128608299.html#storylink=cpy

"I would like to thank President Trump's administration for its exceptionally quick response to our Mississippians in need," Bryant said in a statement.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/article128608299.html#storylink=cpy

Pennsylvania Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-4292)
Incident period: October 20, 2016 to October 21, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on December 2, 2016
Virginia Hurricane Matthew (DR-4291)
Incident period: October 7, 2016 to October 15, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on November 2, 2016
Minnesota Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-4290)
Incident period: September 21, 2016 to September 24, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on November 2, 2016
Iowa Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-4289)
Incident period: September 21, 2016 to October 3, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on October 31, 2016
Wisconsin Severe Storms, Flooding, and Mudslides (DR-4288)
Incident period: September 21, 2016 to September 22, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on October 20, 2016
Kansas Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-4287)
Incident period: September 2, 2016 to September 12, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on October 20, 2016
South Carolina Hurricane Matthew (DR-4286)
Incident period: October 4, 2016 to October 30, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on October 11, 2016
North Carolina Hurricane Matthew (DR-4285)
Incident period: October 4, 2016 to October 24, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on October 10, 2016
Georgia Hurricane Matthew (DR-4284)
Incident period: October 4, 2016 to October 15, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on October 8, 2016
Florida Hurricane Matthew (DR-4283)
Incident period: October 3, 2016 to October 19, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on October 8, 2016
Hawaii Severe Storms, Flooding, Landslides, and Mudslides (DR-4282)
Incident period: September 11, 2016 to September 14, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on October 6, 2016
Iowa Severe Storms, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (DR-4281)
Incident period: August 23, 2016 to August 27, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on September 29, 2016
Florida Hurricane Hermine (DR-4280)
Incident period: August 31, 2016 to September 11, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on September 28, 2016
Maryland Severe Storm and Flooding (DR-4279)
Incident period: July 30, 2016 to July 31, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on September 16, 2016
Kentucky Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Flooding, Landslides, and Mudslides (DR-4278)
Incident period: July 2, 2016 to July 9, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on August 26, 2016
Louisiana Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-4277)
Incident period: August 11, 2016 to August 31, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on August 14, 2016
Wisconsin Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-4276)
Incident period: July 11, 2016 to July 12, 2016
Major Disaster Declaration declared on August 9, 2016

https://www.fema.gov/disasters?fiel...r_declaration_type_value=DR&items_per_page=20

Six days later and Trump is still trying to litigate his damn crowd size.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 7.33.40 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 7.33.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 7.33.40 PM.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 887
No, the press is. DD's statement says Trump called last Saturday.
Besides, he's said another dozen crazy things since then to get mad about.

Honestly though, don't focus on his BS, focus on a) his tax returns b) his connection with Russia. That's what would nail him - the rest, as annoying as it is, is noise.

AoD

Honestly though, don't focus on his BS, focus on a) his tax returns b) his connection with Russia. That's what would nail him - the rest, as annoying as it is, is noise.

AoD

But do you really want to nail him? (I'm guessing you mean impeachment) Next up is Pence and he's the Dick Cheney of women's rights - and he's a real politician that can spin things better. There's no good way out until next mid terms - assuming the Dems sweep to take back control and stop the crazy.

Even the Rep's will moderate a lot of his insanity, I'd prefer Trump's bombast to gum up the system vs. Pence using targeted strikes on legislation for his base.

But do you really want to nail him? (I'm guessing you mean impeachment) Next up is Pence and he's the Dick Cheney of women's rights - and he's a real politician that can spin things better. There's no good way out until next mid terms - assuming the Dems sweep to take back control and stop the crazy.

Even the Rep's will moderate a lot of his insanity, I'd prefer Trump's bombast to gum up the system vs. Pence using targeted strikes on legislation for his base.

Well, geopolitically speaking that's still a yes - and counting on the GOP at this point to moderate his insanity is about as realistic as expecting them to really call him out during the nomination run. Point always taken re: Pence however - but that's a one problem at a time issue, and besides counting on Trump to moderate that is unrealistic as well - the stuff is his base's red meat even if it isn't his, and he doesn't strike me as the type who'd deny them that if it furthers his own popularity.

Besides, revelation of involvement by a foreign power in a sitting president, in my hope, a psyche shattering event - you may not be able to bring the truly hardcore supporters around, but that's unnecessary because the rest will have to really sit back and think about what they have done.

AoD

Last edited:
Well, geopolitically speaking that's still a yes - and counting on the GOP at this point to moderate his insanity is about as realistic as expecting them to call him out during the nomination run.

AoD

In what sense for geopolitical? I'm not a fan of him having nuke codes, but I don't think he'll use it < Then there'd be no people left to worship him. (in his head at least)

Personally, I'm guessing he puts up trade barriers and the globe retaliates. Not good for us (short term), but it will force us to seek new countries to trade with (and leverage CETA). We need to find more markets, we've been lazy and never really looked anywhere but south of the border for trade.

There's a recession coming thanks to Trump and it's the only way the US electorate will learn. Another reason I don't want him impeached, I want him to fail colossally on his own platform.

Then again, if the US phenomenon is anything like the Rob Ford thing here, it won't matter. People here would still vote for him (Ford).

In what sense for geopolitical? I'm not a fan of him having nuke codes, but I don't think he'll use it < Then there'd be no people left to worship him. (in his head at least)

Personally, I'm guessing he puts up trade barriers and the globe retaliates. Not good for us (short term), but it will force us to seek new countries to trade with (and leverage CETA). We need to find more markets, we've been lazy and never really looked anywhere but south of the border for trade.

There's a recession coming thanks to Trump and it's the only way the US electorate will learn. Another reason I don't want him impeached, I want him to fail colossally on his own platform.

Then again, if the US phenomenon is anything like the Rob Ford thing here, it won't matter. People here would still vote for him (Ford).

Geopolitically? US and the existing network of alliances, economic blocs, etc? He put up trade barriers - others will follow and that's how the Great Depression happened (and we all knew how that ended). That's just the soft stuff - what about sabre rattling with China (so it may very be an economic play, but I believe China don't necessarily interpret it that way, and even if they do, can their leadership afford to look weak after being insulted repeatedly over Taiwan)? Abandonment of Europe (and the rise of populism across the Atlantic)? Cozying up with powers that are demonstrably hostile to western values? That's like playing with multiple fires at the same time.

It is bigger than Canada - and yes, we need to find additional trading partners, but none of the big ones other than EU (which is having some existential crises of its' own) are particularly benign (not that US is either, but relatively speaking it is).

A certain percentage will always vote for him - the question is how you bring those who wouldn't together. That requires sober thought and putting aside ideological differences.

AoD

Last edited:
Geopolitically? US and the existing network of alliances, economic blocs, etc? He put up trade barriers - others will follow and that's how the Great Depression happened (and we all knew how that ended).

AoD

Oh I totally see the parallels to the lead up to WWII, but in the current context, I see it as the globe saying screw you US, and only taking them out of the equation. Yes there would be a period of adjustment for new sourcing of things etc, but I think it wouldn't be a depression (another great recession scale event, yes)

If Germany and France go alt right, then we're in trouble. But you sort of have to blame current politicians and the uninformed electorate for how we got here.

Oh I totally see the parallels to the lead up to WWII, but in the current context, I see it as the globe saying screw you US, and only taking them out of the equation. Yes there would be a period of adjustment for new sourcing of things etc, but I think it wouldn't be a depression (another great recession scale event, yes)

If Germany and France go alt right, then we're in trouble. But you sort of have to blame current politicians and the uninformed electorate for how we got here.

US may no longer be as dominant as it was before, but it certainly accounted for a good portion of the world economic output. They'd survive - I am not sure if the rest of the world can afford to say the same. China could very well position itself to suck up that vacuum, but be careful what one wishes for.

AoD

Back