858     0 

Black Lives Matter Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it can't happen here...

34Bo6KTs_normal.jpg
Desmond Cole@DesmondCole
5 hours ago
"You’re going to get AIDS. Stop recording or I’m going to seize your phone." More video of @TorontoPolice at work.

http://www.citynews.ca/2017/01/24/e...suspect-tasered-kicked-toronto-police-arrest/

I'd love to see how you snowflakes would deal with these animals...

A female officer responded to the call and approached the suspect. That’s when witnesses say the man began punching the officer in the face.

With the help of passersby, police managed to tackle the man nearby at Dundas and Church streets.

Bystander Karsa Dehghani told CityNews he helped police detain the man after he attacked the officer.

“His behaviour was aggressive,” he explained. “He immediately assumed a fighting stance and he started throwing punches…he hit her (the officer) a couple of times.

“It seemed pretty bad so I jumped in and tackled him…I was grabbing both his arms for about a minute or so until the police backup arrived.”

When that backup arrived, the suspect was placed in the back of a cruiser. But the situation would only escalate.

According to Toronto police spokesperson Mark Pugash, the man kicked out the window of the cruiser and then bit an officer.

Pugash believes the subsequent force used by officers, who Tasered the man twice and stomped on his legs several times, was justifiable.

“We put him in the back of a police car, he kicked out the window of the police car…We got him out of the police car, he was on the ground, he still had an officer’s hand in his mouth and so we Tasered him a second time to deal with that situation,” Pugash said.

“He wouldn’t disengage and that’s why they Tasered him a second time,” he added.

And of course, every critical word you just said about BLM, has no meaning at all, after the extreme bigotry of the last sentence. He's not campaigning to be able to get things wrong. He's campaigning to knowingly mis-identify people based on his own bigoted beliefs. #fail

You are ridiculous. My words are meaningful and simple. We do not need 18 or 180 new gender terms to describe 1% of the population, particularly since some of the terms have no consensus definition even within the community itself. Peterson's point is you don't accomplish progress with silly language laws. For example Blacks sensibly transitioned people through Negro, Coloured, Black, African-America, Brown etc. It was gradual, clear, positive and almost every kept up in good faith. This infantile Gender stuff is absurd and everyone knows it. Even the girl taunting Peterson for being a "neo-nazi" was giggling. Heaven forbid she ever encounter one.

...Yusra Khagali was video-taped yelling "Coon" from the back of the crowd, presumably so she could claim racist taunts were made...

LOL Hilarious are those who think this is just about Black people.

What some fail to realize is that TODAY, violence is perpetuated against members of the LGBTQ by the police. Visible SEXUAL minorities are overrepresented in the homeless community where they continue to face trauma at the hands of the police unbeknownst to you and your boyfriend living in your condo in Yorkville.

Not only that, it is disrespectful to those who not long ago were terrorized by atrocities inflicted by the police, the bathhouse raids, et cetera. Pride started as a protest, not some love in where the police force can act like it isn't systematically homophobic. Police presence is imperative at Pride but they don't need an entire float. It's disrespectful. Your wounds might not be as fresh, but we have to have empathy when minority groups collectively ask us to respect their scars.

"Atrocities against gays by the police?" Are you referring to Bathhouse Raids that happened before most serving officers were born? Get over it. There are people recently arrived in this country who would find your characterization of bathhouse raids 30 years ago as atrocities to be puzzling. I've spoken with gay friends and none of them can think of ANY harassment by police of themselves or friends. What era are you living in?

You think taking their shirts off and dancing on a float changes the historical context of pain and oppression inflicted upon members of the LGBTQ, Black and Indigenous communities? You must also think a float also changes the culture of Homophobia in the police force as well.

Remove the float if it's causing people pain. I'm sure you won't even miss it.

Stop wallowing in is "historical context of pain and oppression" life is short. Seeing a Police Float won't kill you. Im really starting to understand this "snow-flake" expression.

Maybe we as a society should focus on why minority groups feel collective violence as a result of systematic discrimination at the hands of the police.

If you're not a minority, you can never understand. All you can do is LISTEN, take notes and do what you can to respect people's experience. If the police were harassing and inflicting violence upon affluent white members of the LGBTQ community, wide spread as is done to visible minority members of the LGBTQ community, more people would be understanding.

We must respect people's history, the history of Pride and why it started. Your fight might be over, but it's your responsibility to stand next to your fellow Canadians regardless of colour and truly try to empathize and understand what lead us here.

Police are not vulnerable minority groups living under the weight of systematic violence. They don't need you to defend them. They are members of a chosen profession for which they have gov't mandated obligations.

Police officers are symbols of systematic violence for the most vulnerable in our society, this space is one that should be safe for them.

No-one is harassing gays in Toronto. I see many, many living good happy lives, succeeding in their lives and careers, getting married if they choose. You clearly have a lot invested in this sense of victimhood. Why? Give us reccent documented examples of systemic harassment of gays by Toronto police.

Yes, Hudson is a thief. Yes, Khogali is a racist. Who would take these people seriously? Come on...

She seems mentally ill to be honest.

Why does she say there is so much death at the hands of police? I looked at the data. Toronto police shoot and kill about 2 people per year. Less than one are black, and some are criminal. Discrimination occurs, yes, but she is clearly delusional about the facts. What does she mean by "a lot of death in the black community". Our murder rate is about 75 per year, but its NOT the police killing these people. BLMneed better spokespeople, she is incompetentt.

Last edited:
Sandra Hudson deserved every penny and Yusra Khogali is just speaking the truth on how she was oppressed by whites. You have to be an ignorant bigot not to get that.

What a bunch of lies! BLM homophobic? Where's your proof of this? Oh that's right, you don't have any and I'm supposed to take your word for it!

Sandy didn't deserve one penny of the $ she stole from her fellow students. Her term was up in days, so she had her friends fire her immediately before without cause, and had these same friends give her a huge severance package. Having these two incompetents has done terrible damage to the Black cause in Toronto.

Finally a normal comment! The police are racist pigs and no progressive organization should have anything to do with them which is why Pride knows what's good for them and listened to BLM.

Again! I thought you were fighting AGAINST broad inaccurate generalizations. You are killing your own cause, repeatedly!

So the suspect was resisting arrest, therefore the disgusting behaviour of the police was justified?

If you bite an officer's hand and refuse to let go, yes, you may get tased. How would Officer Salsa handle this situation? Please walk us through it.

No, it can't happen here...

34Bo6KTs_normal.jpg
Desmond Cole@DesmondCole
5 hours ago
"You’re going to get AIDS. Stop recording or I’m going to seize your phone." More video of @TorontoPolice at work.

http://www.citynews.ca/2017/01/24/e...suspect-tasered-kicked-toronto-police-arrest/

The "Get out my face" cop is such a playground bully. The suspect was restrained on the ground, plus six officers standing around, he clearly wasn't a threat to the public or the officers, but the bully wanted to play with his teaser toy, and show his fellow officers how tough he is.

The "Get out my face" cop is such a playground bully. The suspect was restrained on the ground, plus six officers standing around, he clearly wasn't a threat to the public or the officers, but the bully wanted to play with his teaser toy, and show his fellow officers how tough he is.

Actually read the article and try again.

-The suspect was biting an officer's hand and wouldn't release when tased.
-Police said the threat to take cellphone was inappropriate.

Another reason why the smartphone is a double-edged sword of truth- it can reveal shed light to events that have happened (Police saying inappropriate things in this example), but a video can also be cropped and cut to mislead and sway opinion (the events leading to the incident were excluded).

Actually read the article and try again.

-The suspect was biting an officer's hand and wouldn't release when tased.
-Police said the threat to take cellphone was inappropriate.

Especially when there are many stories last year where police officer's body cam "fails". Better to have citizens record the incident, in case the police body cameras also "fail" in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back