Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

Thank you for posting that Gotzvon. One can see that King street was the glam street in its day. I have always thought that Colborne Street was somewhat of a 'lost' street and I look forward to its re discovery.

Today.

IMG_2830.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2830.JPG
    IMG_2830.JPG
    433.2 KB · Views: 484
Oh yep, that is some nice lowrise density.

That podium is going to double in height with the tower being double that again. Not so lowrise.

That podium is going to double in height with the tower being double that again. Not so lowrise.
I understand that. But I was actually referring to it as it stands right now. So maybe I should have said, "Oh yeah, right now that's some nice lowrise density. Though this won't always be the case; not because lowrise density isn't nice, but because it won't always be nice lowrise density."

o_O

First post for 2017. Happy New Year all!

Setbacks about to start.

IMG_3151.JPG
IMG_3152.JPG
IMG_3153.JPG
IMG_3154.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3151.JPG
    IMG_3151.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_3152.JPG
    IMG_3152.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_3153.JPG
    IMG_3153.JPG
    495.6 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    461.2 KB · Views: 478
I love how this is completing the streetwall and bringing some definition to the intersection.

Was thinking exactly that as I strode past St. James Cathedral (of which residents here will have an incredible view) the other day. I think it should also bring northward some more foot traffic, which would be great.

Why does the east side of the Financial District feel so... weird? It's not bad... but it's not good and successful either. It's hard to explain, does anyone else get the same feeling?

Why does the east side of the Financial District feel so... weird? It's not bad... but it's not good and successful either. It's hard to explain, does anyone else get the same feeling?

Assuming you mean "the area that roughly borders the east side of the financial district" and not "everything east of the financial district", I sort of agree, though that obviously ceases to be true as soon as you hit St. Lawrence proper.

I think developments like this, 88 Scott, Yonge + Rich, and a few others (including some already completed) are changing that, though.

For a long time the city seemed to fade away as on went East (downtown) and it is still somewhat true today. It was and still is an area that has the most sketchy corners (Sherbourne/Queen/Dundas.Queen/Jarvis. Shuter/Jarvis. Dundas/Church.Jarvis/Gerrard ) and less reason to venture into because unless one lives there or has to drive through there's no reason to go there. It's getting better but is still pretty yucky.

Assuming you mean "the area that roughly borders the east side of the financial district" and not "everything east of the financial district", I sort of agree, though that obviously ceases to be true as soon as you hit St. Lawrence proper.

I think developments like this, 88 Scott, Yonge + Rich, and a few others (including some already completed) are changing that, though.
Yeah, but I'm not sure what area he's referring to--strictly, east of the Financial District is anything north of the Esplanade and south of, say, Queen. Since the St. Lawrence Market area is pretty gold, I I'm not sure what area is being referred to. The 'upper' east side--anything north of Queen--is obviously rough.

Back