Toronto The Globe and Mail Centre | 83.21m | 17s | First Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

There are signs up for Starbucks and Freshii in the windows of the south ground-floor retail section.

This may come as a shock to some of you, but it turns out that a lot of people like to buy Starbucks coffee. So much so that I've heard that when they open new locations, more often than not, they turn a profit.

This may come as a shock to some of you, but it turns out that a lot of people like to buy Starbucks coffee. So much so that I've heard that when they open new locations, more often than not, they turn a profit.

A profit?! You mean they're not a non-profit co-operative? Well, that's the last time I ever do business with them!

This is not a helpful contribution, especially from a mod.

Nobody questions the popularity or profitability of the chain; we're merely discussing the reality of another location in the neighbourhood and what it means for neighbouring coffee shops.

There are probably going to be a couple thousand new workers in this building. That should be more than enough to keep this new Starbucks, Rooster, Aroma, and Neo (which is the best of all of them) and the others in the neighbourhood all going.

Back