Toronto Pan Am Village in the West Don Lands | ?m | ?s | DundeeKilmer | KPMB

Odd how most chains are started by an individual and are admired then get bigger and expand and are then despised. They are just businesses that have expanded.....sometimes hugely.

There is an actual pharmacy in the neighbourhood on King, but it's small and doesn't carry a lot of over the counter stuff.

I am presuming that in the long term these shortcomings will be corrected when more buildings with more retail spaces go in.
If you mean the pharmacy on King at Trinity, it's primarily a methadone dispensary.

From Renx.ca:

Two JV developments to build 2,200 apartments in Toronto

The Dream/Kilmer/Tricon lands are five development sites in the West Don Lands totalling nine acres, surrounding the intersection of Cherry and Mill Streets in the downtown east district. The lands are close to the Distillery District, Canary District and Waterfront Toronto’s Quayside, as well as Google‘s 13-acre Sidewalk Labs proposed Sidewalk Toronto neighbourhood.

The development is to be built in stages and include approximately 1,500 purpose-built residential units, up to 75,000 square feet of retail amenity space, and possible future office building. The first phase will feature approximately 750 rental units and 26,000 square feet of retail which is zoned and approved by the City of Toronto.

The partnership hopes to begin construction during Q2 of 2019 with initial residential occupancy targeted for 2021.

The project will be designed to achieve LEED Gold certification for sustainability.

Not sure what they are doing with trees along north side of Front Street, immediately east of Cherry. They seemed pretty healthy this summer...

signal-2023-10-19-09-52-05-577.jpg

They probably caught something horrible. I suspect @Northern Light -san will help fill in the details about that though.

Wish I could, but I hadn't heard anything about a problem here until this post.

If there's a recent picture of the condition of the trees prior to the big chop, I might be able to add something.

Not sure what they are doing with trees along north side of Front Street, immediately east of Cherry. They seemed pretty healthy this summer...

View attachment 514070

These trees have been dead for 3+ years, from natural causes.

The City is replacing them, along with a few other trees along Front Street East that have been topped and left derelict.

This is a victory in my ongoing campaign of terror against Parks, Forestry, and Recreation. I have been e-mailing them for 1.5 years about it. You should see the chain. :)

These trees have been dead for 3+ years, from natural causes.

The City is replacing them, along with a few other trees along Front Street East that have been topped and left derelict.

This is a victory in my ongoing campaign of terror against Parks, Forestry, and Recreation. I have been e-mailing them for 1.5 years about it. You should see the chain. :)
Yes, these and many other trees on the Pan-Am Pathway (with trees from or dedicated to all participating countries) have been dead for years. I too have sent in many complaints and it is a hopeful they may actually be fixing them. It is very poor that 'dedicated trees' can sit as stumps for 5+ years!

Back