upload_2016-11-17_22-31-17.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-17_22-31-0.png
    upload_2016-11-17_22-31-0.png
    513.4 KB · Views: 497
  • upload_2016-11-17_22-31-17.png
    upload_2016-11-17_22-31-17.png
    537.8 KB · Views: 473
Oh god, that's....aw god. When I saw this on the renders, I really was disappointed with how basic the design was, and how the balconies seemed to be the only point of interest of this structure, but seeing that recent update, it reminds me somewhat of a hulking concrete tower. I guess the one good thing about this is that it's not incredibly tall comparative to other buildings near it. The panelling looks to be done in poor taste IMO. Does anyone enjoy the podium of this tower?

I gotta say the Metrogate dvlpment in Scarborough is a lot worse than this, but not by a whole incredible amount.

Last edited:
And those useless tiny balconies. Menkes....WTF man? By far the worst building I can remember in a long while. Wow.

I wasn't clear about it but the photo is from the Metrogate condos in Scarborough. The fact that everybody thinks this was 365 Church proves my point: there is hardly any difference between the two. They are both equally terrible.

I wasn't clear about it but the photo is from the Metrogate condos in Scarborough. The fact that everybody thinks this was 365 Church proves my point: there is hardly any difference between the two. They are both equally terrible.

Yea, they look like long lost twins.

IMO, this is the worst building to go up during our current development boom, bar none.

There was very bad blood between the developer and the city/neighbourhood from the second this building was proposed, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Menkes deliberately made this building as heinous as possible as a huge F U to those who fought them along the way.

They're also building Harbour Plaza Residences and One York, and there doesn't seem to be much skimping there.

Menkes spends money where they want to make a statement, and obviously don't where they want to save a buck. I'm more concerned about the Waterfront Innovation Centre than I am the LCBO Lands site at this point.

They're also building Harbour Plaza Residences and One York, and there doesn't seem to be much skimping there.

Menkes spends money where they want to make a statement, and obviously don't where they want to save a buck. I'm more concerned about the Waterfront Innovation Centre than I am the LCBO Lands site at this point.

Well, on the bright side, it would appear they've made a statement in this case too.

AoD

Back