Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

Unfortunately, I believe Concert cheaped out and won't be finishing the underside of the third box. Both the first and second boxes had equipment installed beneath while the finish was applied. The third box already has windows installed beneath which would presumably prevent installation. #Disappointed

What are you referring to?

Unfortunately, I believe Concert cheaped out and won't be finishing the underside of the third box. Both the first and second boxes had equipment installed beneath while the finish was applied. The third box already has windows installed beneath which would presumably prevent installation. #Disappointed
I believe if you look closely at pics #8, 9, 10 and 11 posted on page 119 by Benito, Sep 24, 2016 you might see that the side panels were being installed then and the design of the then bare underside is calling for the same panel inserts (including lights???) as the underside of the other boxes.

Christopher is correct - just took a look at the drawings and the underside of the boxes will be the same as the lower box.

@Christopher Brown

Box 1 had its underside cladding installed once all other components were complete.

Box 2 is currently having its underside cladding installed. To allow for installation, the floor directly below the box did not have windows installed and instead a temporary platform was created. You can see the platform I am referring to in a photo that Benito took on Sep 25, 2016.

Last week, the floor directly below Box 3 had windows installed. This means that the same method cannot be used to install the underside cladding.

Who knows, maybe the windows will be removed or a different installation method will be used. At the very least, I hope the underside is painted.

@ChesterCopperpot

Are you referring to the renderings? If so, I don’t know how reliable they are. For example, box 1 was built with a balcony, however, in the renderings there are none. Same goes for the awkwardly placed vents.

Last edited:
Quick snap from Friday morning:
2016-10-14 09.48.39.jpg
2016-10-14 09.48.43.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-10-14 09.48.39.jpg
    2016-10-14 09.48.39.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 1,466
  • 2016-10-14 09.48.43.jpg
    2016-10-14 09.48.43.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 351
  • 2016-10-14 09.48.43.jpg
    2016-10-14 09.48.43.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 1,455
@ChesterCopperpot

Are you referring to the renderings? If so, I don’t know how reliable they are. For example, box 1 was built with a balcony, however, in the renderings there are none. Same goes for the awkwardly placed vents.

Nope, not the renderings - the issued for construction architectural drawings.

Nope, not the renderings - the issued for construction architectural drawings.

Cool, well I hope that's what will end up happening.

You can see what I was referring to in G.L 17's latest photo. Windows have been installed directly below box 3. This will prevent the same installation method from being used. Here's hoping though!

Have to go pack a page or two, but the quality of 1 King West is very evident vis a vis from the west looking vantage... Not a big fan of this project...

Last edited:

Back