Toronto 1540 Bloor West | 91.9m | 27s | Trinity Group | IBI Group

Yeah, this is a sad, sad corner. I hope the Loblaws plaza gets redeveloped sometime soon, because that would really kickstart this stretch of Dundas and connect it to the Roncesvalles strip.

From the Dundas Bloor Mobility Hub docs, a vision for what we might see on this property -- it would be a game changer for this corner:

That would be amazing. Every time I pass by I wonder why that parcel hasn't been redeveloped. It's a massive chunk of land that's 90% parking for a grocery store and a dead Zeller's. It must be worth a mint.

The Dundas West-Bloor Mobility Hub is still on the Metrolinx website, at this link.

Dundas West- Bloor Mobility Hub.jpg

Note how there's nothing at the Crossways (east across from the Giraffe site) except for a "pedestrian tunnel", whatever that means.

(Still think there should be streetcar track provisions made for a streetcar to replace the 40 Junction and the return of the 522 Dundas Exhibition streetcar [but following the same route as the current 193 Exhibition Rocket bus].)

Attachments

• Dundas West- Bloor Mobility Hub.jpg
    Dundas West- Bloor Mobility Hub.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 2,457
Last edited:
I really would love to see the crossways bulldozed. Not only is it hideous, but the owners seem to oppose a pedestrian tunnel link.

New owners, with consolidation of other adjacent properties. This may pick up again....

Via Toronto Life article:
https://torontolife.com/city/dundas-wests-infamous-giraffe-building-new-owner/
Toronto Life said:
In 2012, the TAS partnership sold the Giraffe building to Main and Main, an offshoot of First Capital, a major retail landlord. Main and Main sat on the property for a few years, then began buying adjacent land. Between August 2015 and April 2016, the company closed on 1542, 1548 and 1550 Bloor Street West, a continuous row of shops to the west of the Giraffe building. When Main and Main put the Giraffe building on the market as part of a larger sell-off of its assets in Toronto and Ottawa, it was able to offer all four properties at once: not only the Giraffe building itself, but those three adjacent properties. Trinity Group bought the entire package.

That pathetic attempt at a pedestrian plaza on the corner of Bloor and Dundas is pretty sad. Either open up the corner fully, or just dont bother at all.

It would probably be in their best interest to maximize the emphasis on the corner as that intersection sees very heavy pedestrian traffic.

This looks like a G+C or a Richmond or a Kirkor or whatever trying to do a 3XN but failing miserably.

That pathetic attempt at a pedestrian plaza on the corner of Bloor and Dundas is pretty sad. Either open up the corner fully, or just dont bother at all.

I think they are just trying to reduce the pedestrian congestion at what can already be a very busy corner. Good on them. Those few extra feet will make a big difference. Besides, the City probably asked for it.

I think they are just trying to reduce the pedestrian congestion at what can already be a very busy corner. Good on them. Those few extra feet will make a big difference. Besides, the City probably asked for it.
Those potential benches certainly wont help matters at all with the congestion that's for sure.

Back