News   Apr 18, 2024
 423     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 3.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.1K     4 

Sheppard Line 4 Subway Extension (Proposed)

Motion to explore subway extension east PASSED 27-16

They should weigh the 2 options that are similar in length - I think 2 makes more sense with density and possible stations at Vic Park and Agincourt Smarttrack. Then then can lump in part of Sheppard LRT funding also.
Option 1: Line 2 extension 1 station from Kennedy to Scarborough Centre
Option 2: Line 4 extension from Don Mills to Scarborough Centre

No Sheppard extention, east or west, can be built or funded in the near future.

If the residents do not want LRT, that's fine. A combination of local and express buses can sustain the corridor for a number of years.

But the massive funding that would be required for a subway extention, ought to be directed to DRL first.

Hope the left learns from the SSE and pushes for conversion of Sheppard to LRT. A transfer at Don Mills will create another Kennedy.

After revoting
  • Sheppard East to STC passed 24-19
  • Sheppard West to Downsview 28-15
Nice

No Sheppard extention, east or west, can be built or funded in the near future.

If the residents do not want LRT, that's fine. A combination of local and express buses can sustain the corridor for a number of years.

But the massive funding that would be required for a subway extention, ought to be directed to DRL first.

We are back to the predicament. How can we make these idiot North York councillors realize that the best subway for North York is the Relief Line to Sheppard?

Guys, this is past the either or point. They have to build this now, otherwise, we'll be having this same debate in 5 years. Enough already.

Welcome to Toronto.

I really thought that despite Tory's stubbornness with the SSE, it would never come to this. I was wrong, here we are.

Note that Tory voted for all three motions to study subways to Sherway, Sheppard East and Sheppard West.

Nice

Guys, this is past the either or point. They have to build this now, otherwise, we'll be having this same debate in 5 years. Enough already.
Won't be nice when we get to the discussion about "who's footing the bill".

I don't see why they just increase the subway levy by another 10% and just pay for it already. Enough of the 2.25% property tax raise. Time for them to go big and really big. Rob every household another $1000 every year and use it to fund the subways they want. If people are happy for subways, they'll keep Tory in his seat and pay up. Time for booze, movie, road toll, fast food taxes.

That's it, time to tax everyone to build subways. Oh wait, Tory don't like taxes. Nevermind, nothing new here.

Hope the left learns from the SSE and pushes for conversion of Sheppard to LRT. A transfer at Don Mills will create another Kennedy.

Why does the left have to push for that? It should be the job of the local councillors, instead they are too busy making up dumb excuses like this one:

Screen shot 2016-07-13 at 4.50.50 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-07-13 at 4.50.50 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-07-13 at 4.50.50 PM.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 534
Won't be nice when we get to the discussion about "who's footing the bill".

I don't see why they just increase the subway levy by another 10% and just pay for it already. Enough of the 2.25% property tax raise. Time for them to go big and really big. Rob every household another $1000 every year and use it to fund the subways they want. If people are happy for subways, they'll keep Tory in his seat and pay up. Time for booze, movie, road toll, fast food taxes.

That's it, time to tax everyone to build subways. Oh wait, Tory don't like taxes. Nevermind, nothing new here.
Yup. Agreed. If we pay for it...no problem.

Why does the left have to push for that? It should be the job of the local councillors, instead they are too busy making up dumb excuses like this one:

View attachment 81131

Because it's the left that decided to define their transit policy entirely around LRT (from terminating previous SRT modernization to pushing the SELRT to forestall subway expansion), and decided that the public was too ignorant to know what they wanted when Scarborough clamoured for subways.

There's a reason only 1 Scarborough councillor supported LRT. I'd rather not have that same situation again. Spend the extra and make LRT palatable.

Back