News   Mar 28, 2024
 120     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

It has never existed before? The original Yonge line was built in the 50s because the Yonge streetcar became over capacity. The ridership was there and this should be the reason for building subways.

So Scarborough's RT is over capacity. What kind of answer is that?

Please tell me how many stops at the time of design the original Yonge and B-D line had the current ridership of SCC. Because most don't even have the ridership SCC with a garbage RT that no one rides outside those that have no choice.

Please tell me what the exact ridership model was for stops for all subways built? That's what I asked. No whether a horse and buggy or streetcar was at capacity.

There is no justification for the location of the transfers in Scarborough & Sheppard LRT plans anyway. Pure disrepect

Last edited:
So Scarborough's RT is over capacity. What kind of answer is that?
No it's not. The only reason it feels like it's at capacity is because it runs every 6 minutes because the TTC can't buy Mark I trains anymore. The LRT had the capability to run every 2 minutes, so it would no longer be anywhere close to capacity. A subway is overkill for the ridership on the line.

Maybe they should rebuild SCC at Kennedy station on the TTC parking lot. It would have a subway, LRT and GO stop. coffey1 would be in heaven.

Cut the downtown lefty Bully humor & personal insults please. I get it's probably cool to tell childish personal jokes when you have a fan base around you in this forum. But I truly don't appreciate it & have never done that to you. Attack my beliefs and viewpoints. And cut out the D-bag personal insults.

Thx

Last edited:
No it's not. The only reason it feels like it's at capacity is because it runs every 6 minutes because the TTC can't buy Mark I trains anymore. The LRT had the capability to run every 2 minutes, so it would no longer be anywhere close to capacity. A subway is overkill for the ridership on the line.

Then its also overkill for the majority of the current network. Time to start shutting down stops and speed up our commute. SCC is a very IMPORTANT part if the CITY that should be integrated to the City's backbone to have any chance to grow with any importance in the City

Last edited:
Maybe they should rebuild SCC at Kennedy station on the TTC parking lot. It would have a subway, LRT and GO stop. coffey1 would be in heaven.

I mentioned something similar a few weeks ago. I've heard that the City, at one point, intentionally restricted development at Kennedy Station, so it wouldn't compete with Scarborough Centre (this might still be policy today) for development.

I feel like developers would be more inclined to build at Kennedy Station, with Crosstown East + West, Line 2 and RER converging there. Much like North York Yonge Street and North York Centre Station, Eglinton Avenue could be a medium density avenue, shifting to higher densities at Kennedy.

Anyways, good word is that developers have continued to show no interest in Scarborough Centre, even if the subway were to be built there.

I mentioned something similar a few weeks ago. I've heard that the City, at one point, intentionally restricted development at Kennedy Station, so it wouldn't compete with Scarborough Centre (this might still be policy today) for development.

I feel like developers would be more inclined to build at Kennedy Station, with Crosstown East + West, Line 2 and RER converging there. Much like North York Yonge Street and North York Centre Station, Eglinton Avenue could be a medium density avenue, shifting to higher densities at Kennedy.

Anyways, good word is that developers have continued to show no interest in Scarborough Centre, even if the subway were to be built there.

They do need to lift the restriction on Kennedy as it will be a serious transit hub and the surrounding area desperately needs some life as well. The potential for Kennedy is endless with both LRT & Smarttrack coming. But that doesn't make STC disappear nor should it. The can both thrive, which will be great for Scarborough.

Then its also overkill for the majority of the current network. Time to start shutting down stops and speed up our commute. SCC is a very IMPORTANT part if the CITY that should be integrated to the City's backbone to have any chance to grow with any importance in the City
I can't think of any other 6km stretch of subway which has an average daily ridership of 31,000. Even the Sheppard subway beats that.

In all seriousness coffey1 why is this not a good solution.

LOL. Since you are being sincere

The main reasons are that Kennedy is not central and McCowan & Ellsmere although resides a bit North is also accessible by highway, even with the clear lack of demand around the RT it's still becoming with built up with high rise development and is a more Central location. There is no reason both areas wont be successful in the future as attractive commuter hubs and satellite business hubs to the core.

Just like there is little reason we can't extend the subway on the LRT corridor to receive greater integration to the core areas. Some just have he idea the cheapest idea is the best when it comes to Scarborough and any design road block should be a stopping point to force transfer to these key locations. That political attitude is half of what got us here today. To me its an easy fix & compromise to provide a solid future for Scarborough & this City as a whole.

Last edited:
Why doesn't offices, such as Newstalk 1010's offices and studios, move to around the Scarborough Town Centre? They want to be where the "action" is. Downtown Toronto. Maybe that is why there is so few development around it.

I think your employer might move there. Will you go? I hope you come up here :)

Last edited:

Back